Issues with BT keyboard after upgrading to 12.3...
Hi,

I'm running Frodo 12.3 on ATV2 with Logitech DiNovo Mini keyboard. Worked fine until recently, now after upgrading to 12.3 all "special" keys are not functioning anymore: space, tab, volume, ... I rechecked my keymappings but they look fine.

I stumbled upon the following fix which was implemented:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/ec87...c131e04e47

Seem to concern the same keys - might be a coincidence but then again.

Don't mind posting a debug log but I checked it and frankly couldn't see anything interesting...

Any idea?
Did you every find a working fix? I am having the exact same problem using my Rowmote keyboard..
Nope, not yet. No despair yet, 12.3 has only been just released...

Do you also have it on an ATV2 machine?
Yes I am on ATV2. Our problems aren't the exact same but similar. I have been using xbmc for about a year and just decided to upgrade to the latest version. I use Rowmote Pro iPhone app to navigate and the built in keyboard to type. I can still navigate fine but I am unable to get the keyboard to work at all. Extremely frustrating since I was expecting expecting an upgrade in overall performance but instead am now troubleshooting.

I have been trying to find a way to downgrade to 12.2 but I can't seem to find any documentation at all regarding this on the AppleTV.

Good luck to you though! I definitely think our problems are connected.. If you figure out anything be sure to post!
I posted another thread related to the issues I was having and this solved my remote problems..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181743

Don't know if it will work for you but you should check it out.
Which ios versions are you using on atv2?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm not at home so I can't check the exact version but it's 4.x something. Never dared to go to go to the 5.x range
I tried it with iOS 6.1 (atv2 5.2) on my atv2 and it works fine. So it might be "only" broken for atv2 running ios 4.x. I would recommend either to update your iOS - or to downgrade to frodo 12.2 in your case for the time beeing.

Anyone around with atv2 running ios5.x (means atv2 version 4.4 or 5.0.2) to check if it works there?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-01-04, 19:03)Memphiz Wrote: Which ios versions are you using on atv2?

I am running 5.3 on an AppleTV2
@blastspawn then i can tell you that with my bt keyboard and my appletv2 running 5.3 it works. I have working tab and space (no special keys like volume - volume can be controlled via "+" and "-"). Also it might be that your keyboard map is english (so + and - might be on other keys the its printed on - depending on the localisation of the keyboard).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with BT keyboard after upgrading to 12.3...0