File stacking for tv shows
With todays increasing demand on high quality video, some software seperates even tv shows into more than 1 file.
The combined time is displayed when hovering so i'm guessing it's already implemented to a certain extent.
Name the files properly and xbmc will handle them see File_stacking (wiki) and Video_navigation#Sidebar_menu (wiki) stack

Series_name s01e01 episode_tittle.cd1.ext
Series_name s01e01 episode_tittle.cd2.ext
Series_name s01e01 episode_tittle.cd3.ext
I've tried naming them in that manner but it doesn't work it shows the correct time on preview but only plays the file represented in the list ie it creates multiple entries.
It even states on the wiki it is not yet supported
File stacking
Quote:File stacking only works for movies and does not work yet for TV shows.
Well that info on the wiki is old at best, but ya anyway you have example on what to ask for.
Thats assuming you have any developers interested in doing this.
Here is the result when doing a movie
Here is the result when doing a tv show

The only difference being mentalist being changed to avengers and moving out the files from the folder s01e01
You shouldnt have a folder for each episode the files however need to have cd1 and cd2 etc on filename
Gives same result
Afaik stacking of episodes does not work.
Why have them as separate files anyway? Both avi and mkv are easy to stitch a number of files together into one.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I personaly don't like the idea of seperate files but the recording software does, also with increasing file sizes stitching together files is not a matter of possibility or ease but rather time consuming.
Considering the core functionality already seem to be implemented it would seem like this would be a better solution in my opinion
May I ask what recording software does this strange thing?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
http://www.matrixxshop.de/product_info.p...500hd.html
The software in that device
OK, why don't you ask the manufacturer to fix it? There is no need to break up files like that.
It's probably a limitation of the file system it uses? I've seen some devices do that before.
(2013-12-30, 11:11)Ned Scott Wrote: It's probably a limitation of the file system it uses? I've seen some devices do that before.

That still makes it a bad design.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File stacking for tv shows0