Frodo V12.2 bug with exiting screensaver?
Hello

I have installed the Multi SlideShow ScreenSaver addon which can be found here.

The add-on works well and I am now able to view our family photos in the screensaver. I then wanted to be able to manually launch the screensaver via a menu item in my skin (Aeon MQ5).

So to do this I added this line in to my favourites.xml file:

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="SlideShow ScreenSaver">ActivateWindow(12900,&quot;/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py/&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>

And then assigned that new favourite to a menu item in XBMC / Aeon MQ5. Now when I click this menu item the screensaver is launched OK.

However the problem is with exiting the screensaver. I am unable to use my MCE IR remote control exit (back) button or backspace / esc on a keyboard, when I try these to exit the screensaver I end up with a blank / black screen and I am unable to return to the XBMC main menu.

I also created a JSON command which can be used to also launch the screensaver and I have the same issues exiting as well.

Code:
http://192.168.1.100:80/jsonrpc?request={ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "GUI.ActivateWindow", "params": { "window": "screensaver", "parameters": [ "WINDOW_SCREENSAVER" ] }, "id": 1 }

If the screensaver is launched in the normal manner i.e after 3 minutes or if I preview the screensaver from the Settings - Appearance - ScreenSaver - Preview option, once the screensaver has started I have no issues exiting it just by pressing the exit (back) button on my MCE remote control.

Which leads me to believe there is a bug with exiting the screensaver when it has been launched via these other methods I have described ?

From the Multi SlideShow ScreenSaver post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1583698
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1584538

Thanks
If I use the XBMC web UI remote control and press the BACK / HOME button(s) on the software remote in the browser, then it does sometimes exit back out of the screensaver to the main XBMC menu OK. Other times I have to SSH in to the box and reboot it to recover.

But does not when using the IR remote control or the actual keyboard and pressing backspace or escape in that case I get a blank screen.

When I have the blank screen if I press Music button on my IR remote control I am taken to the Music library, if I then press menu / start on the IR remote control which would normally take me back to the main XBMC menu, it actually launches the screensaver again.

So its as if the screensaver script is not being properly exited when the screensaver has been launched by the favourites or JSON command methods etc.
I can also confirm that this line in the favourites.xml file, also works and launches the screensaver OK from a skin menu item.

Code:
<favourites>
       <favourite name="Slideshow Screensaver">ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py")</favourite>
</favourites>

However I still have the same issue and I am then unable to exit the screensaver properly and just get a blank / black screen.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo V12.2 bug with exiting screensaver?0