[iPad] Navigation issues using Gotham release and BT keyboard
Hello, I'm on iOS7 on my iPad Air and using the latest nightly. Every shortcut in my bluetooth keyboard works apart from the most obvious, the navigation arrows. My BT keyboard is a dinovo edge but just to be sure I've used another bluetooth keyboard, same story, almost everything works apart from navigation arrows.

That's quite distressing as it is almost a perfect implementation and I just don't see why the most obvious button should be unsupported... Is there any quick way to fix this, or should I wait for upcoming nightlies?
Seems to be a bug. The ability to navigate on an iDevice with bluetooth was semi-recently added and worked wonderfully, including arrow keys. I recall arrow keys stopped working even in iOS 6, but had forgot to tell Memphiz about it. I'll be sure to tell him about it if he doesn't read it here, but there are many pending issues and other things happening, so just know that it won't be fixed right away.

A temp work around, that I found by accident because I was playing with another idea, is that it does still work if you remap direction to some other keys. For example, ASDW could be mapped to left, down, right, up. See keymaps (wiki) and the (101 on keymaps) section for more info.
That's a pity I only navigate in XBMC via remotes, for some reasons I hate the touch controls.

I'll try the remapping workaround you're referring to hoping that I'd regain function. Thank you very much indeed, I hope a dev would see this, it seems like a relatively easy issue to be fixed.
I can't reproduce it ... arrow keys are working fine for me in current mainline code. iPad2 running iOS 6.1.2
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Not working for me, but I'll have to do some more testing and make sure I don't have any extra stuff installed on the iPad. I might have some BTstack related packages, and I want to elimate outside variables. Will report back in a bit.
Well, my iPad somehow got stuck in a bootloop (unrelated to XBMC testing), and is now in the process of completely restoring and rejailbreaking. The upside of that is that I will be able to test XBMC with zero extra jailbreak tweaks. I'll find out when it's done in an hour or so.
(2014-01-05, 03:07)Ned Scott Wrote: Well, my iPad somehow got stuck in a bootloop (unrelated to XBMC testing), and is now in the process of completely restoring and rejailbreaking. The upside of that is that I will be able to test XBMC with zero extra jailbreak tweaks. I'll find out when it's done in an hour or so.

I don't have anything on my ipad but ifile and xbmc so I'll give it a go tomorrow too. Could it be (another) ios 7 issue?

What do you think got your ipad stuck in a bootloop :S ?
Still no go. Here's a debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=106068

I started up XBMC, pressed a bunch of keys to see what gets recorded in the log, as well as the arrow keys. Everything except arrow keys seems to work. OnKey in the debug log doesn't show up for arrow keys, so it seems something is preventing XBMC from seeing them in some setups.

I'll try going back to various monthly builds and see if I can isolate it further.
I tried Alpha 9's monthly build which was the first monthly to have keyboard navigation for iDevices, and it doesn't work there either. However, I am certain that it used to work with that same build. I believe the issue must not be in XBMC, but instead somewhere else in iOS.
Or related to the used keyboard? So this issue is only on ios7? (still only have ios6 and ios5 devices to test with and there it works perfectly fine with my bt keyboard).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-01-06, 02:38)Memphiz Wrote: Or related to the used keyboard? So this issue is only on ios7? (still only have ios6 and ios5 devices to test with and there it works perfectly fine with my bt keyboard).

Same result for me, everything works but the arrow keys. I'm guessing its ios 7 related if you are not experiencing it in ios 6 and 5. This must be really frustrating and annoying trying to fix issues without actually being able to see/test them yourself Sad

Is there anything we can try / send you to help discover what the cause is? Aside from a new device Wink
I notice that various BT keyboard and BT stack jailbreak tweaks are not listed as iOS 7 compatible yet, so I'm guessing it is just an iOS 7 issue. I thought I had sent his under iOS 6, but I could have easily been mistaken.

I also tried with a different BT keyboard and had the same issue with directional arrows.

Apple seems to have also removed the white background from the text input box, so when you type something in using the native iOS keyboard (BT or on-screen) it's black text on a nearly black background.
Ned Scott can you report the latter to ulion please (maybe with the screenshot). Hopefully he has an ios7 device and can fix it.
(2014-01-06, 11:55)Memphiz Wrote: Ned Scott can you report the latter to ulion please (maybe with the screenshot). Hopefully he has an ios7 device and can fix it.

Will do.
HI Ned, is there an update for this issue? Better yet, is there a ticket number so I don't have to bug you and can check myself?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad] Navigation issues using Gotham release and BT keyboard0