Xbmc frodo 12.3 and Maverick
Dear Support,

I installed xbmc frodo 12.3 on my Mac mini (2010) which run under Maverick. I have unfortunately experienced severe crash and response Time issue ever since.
Every Time I quit xbmc, the application crashes (i tryed both the x86 and the 64bit version). Searching and downloading subtitles take more than 10 mn.
Eventually, i décided to revert to xbmc éden which is much more responsive on my System...

Hence my question : is the Mac mini (2010) suited for frodo and upper version or do I need to change my HTPC ?

Thanks,
Hello,

I am running xbmc frodo 12.3 on a brand new mac mini (i5-4gb, bought on 27/12/2013) runing under Mavericks.
xbmc is accessing information from a synology NAS.
xbmc crashes in the middle of a film (pure dvd folders), also crashes when restarting in the middle of a film and also crashing when changing music too fast during mp3 play.

so i really doubt its a question of the year of the mac mini. 2010 or 2013 should both be fine. there is an other issue somewhere

my questions : what can explain this instability and what changes in Gotham may potentially resolve this ?

Thanks
@serge, how is this related to subtitles search?

@Kriskros , I run xbmc on osx on 3 different machines, mini, MBA and MBP and dont see any issues like that. Debug Log might show us something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc frodo 12.3 and Maverick0