• 2(current)
AMLogic hardware video decoding in nightly builds
Wink 
Awesome! Thanks Ned, Davilla, XBMC Team and Pivos !!
Wonderful news, love XBMC:-)..I join the rest of AMLogic owners in thanking Ned, Davilla, XBMC Team and Pivos.
Have to admit that I was worried for a while, I have 2 Allwinner A10 players languishing in a cupboard and was afraid that my AMLogic player would join them...
BTW: Any chance we will be pleasantly surprised by CedarX miraculously appearing in Gotham? Hell of a lot of media players on the market with Allwinner chipsets prior to A31..

My2c..
Cheers!
CedarX missed the boat for Gotham, as we are in feature freeze now.
Great News,
Tested and it works like a charm on the Energy Sistem TV box.
Thank you very much Ned, Davilla, XBMC Team and Pivos.
Well, it wouldn't be very efficient to dedicate time implementing CedarX acceleration if Allwinner self is now using the standard libstagefright/MediaCodec way Wink
(2014-01-04, 19:13)Koying Wrote: Well, it wouldn't be very efficient to dedicate time implementing CedarX acceleration if Allwinner self is now using the standard libstagefright/MediaCodec way Wink
A10, A13, A20, A21, and A23 all use CedarX, so doubt Allwinner will backport OpenMAX support to them.

Only their A31 SoC supports OpenMAX and libstagefright/MediaCodec. Many new boxes have A2x SoCs.

VidOn have released CedarX version of XBMC for their AV100 (A20 SoC) http://vidon.me/vidon_xbmc.htm

Mayby VidOn could be convinced to submit a patch upstream for inclusion into XBMC mainline and v14?
All too true I guess davilla and Koying, I made an apk combining XBMC 12.3 and vidon.me. It seems on my hardware (2 A10 boxes) to work reasonably well, would it be "Kosher" to post a link for it here?

Hedda, the problem with vidon.me official releases is that they are bound to their hardware and will not run on clones.
(2014-01-04, 19:36)Schlash Wrote: All too true I guess davilla and Koying, I made an apk combining XBMC 12.3 and vidon.me. It seems on my hardware (2 A10 boxes) to work reasonably well, would it be "Kosher" to post a link for it here?
Unless it's illegal, do it (in a specific Allwinner thread)
(2014-01-04, 19:12)zwynyxy Wrote: Great News,
Tested and it works like a charm on the Energy Sistem TV box.
Thank you very much Ned, Davilla, XBMC Team and Pivos.

Don't thank me, I'm just a messenger. I don't even know how this stuff works :)
Hi guys, I really need your help please!

On my Android 4.2.2 TV Box with AMLogic M6 dual core (Plunk Elite 2), hardware acceleration inside xbmc-20140104-3b393f9-master-armeabi-v7a.apk works fine (like the other unofficial "amcodec enabled version"), but I have always the same issue:
XBMC GUI is in full screen, but videos are not in full screen (http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6201/37yo.jpg).
This happens only if Settings/Display in Android is set to 1080p or 1080i. With a 720p/i resolution videos play in fullscreen instead of the “small box”.

According to "Root Checker" the device is rooted.
I have installed also "Supersu" to give superuser access to the applications (XBMC included).
I have tried (as recommended by Davilla) to set chmod 777 to /sys/class/video/axis but nothing... (both with ES Explorer and with SSH).
The permissions edited can be seen, but it does not seems to be operative (does not work). Also, restarting the device chmod return to default values.

During the loading of XBMC, Supersu reporting that XBMC is running some chmod with administrator privileges:
su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/video/axis
su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/video/screen_mode
su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/video/disable_video
su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw
su -c chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
su -c chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

I closed XBMC and verified "axis" with ES Explorer: report a chmod 666 (full r/w, no execute) instead of the default chmod 664. But I always the same issue of the "small box" video. Obviously, on reboot the permissions back to 664! WTF?!?

I don’t know which way to turn, I implore you to enlighten me!

EDIT: Maybe this is the wrong place. I opened a new thread for my problem with this discussion here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182651
I've tried the latset nightly (20140104-3b393f9) on Ainol Hero 10 with official Ainol Android fw (fw 20130308v1, Android 4.1.1, kernel 3.0.8) and the video played perfectly, audio offset slightly off and the manual audio delay control doesn't seems to affect.
What are the best firmware (Android) for AML8726-MX TV-Box ? I mess a little and need to flash my box. A rooted is best. ThanX.
This really made my day. Thank you Davilla and Pivos Smile

-CC
Thanks a bunch to all that made this possible Smile
Happy new year.
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues
(2014-01-02, 18:38)Diet-Coke Wrote: What might be something to fix is, that the Audio is slightly Offset by 0.225 sec.

1 - I just noticed the exact same thing. In my case it is more like a 1~1.5secs.
It started out almost invisible, then I started clearly noticing it (more than 0.5sec) and now at the end of the movie it is way more than a second.
2 - I also pressed 'o' and discovered that the player is skipping frames. Right now it has already skipped more than 200 frames. Maybe it is connected with the audio/video desync.
3 - Still using 'o' I also noticed that a 1280x720 movie is sometimes chewing up 100% and 90% of the CPU1 and CPU2 (dual core here). Also could be related to the previous 2 items.
4 - Last but not least, couldn't find a way to raise XBMC's video resolution above 1280x720. This is a 1080p tv screen that I am using and I would like to explore it to the limits.

I would really like if someone else commented on #1 which could well be related to #2 and #3.
Thanks in advance.

PS- will put my hardware on my sig in a couple of minutes.
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLogic hardware video decoding in nightly builds1