Req Irritating 'New device configured - iMon HID device' message at startup
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but It would be useful if the QueueNotification for new devices configured be suppressed/removed. Every time xbmc (Gotham nightly) starts the message 'New device configured - iMon HID device' is displayed.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158324

Thanks
I second the motion.
Count me in. Pretty irritating each time it starts that I get new CEC device found.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
moohaha feel free to suppress it on startup, but not when a new device is plugged in. i'm not bothered enough by this to implement it Smile
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
You can remove it easily if you compile from the git source. Just comment out the message notification line.
same here, I don't need a notification that the Nyxboard is present on startup. baijuxavior, you have a link to according line?
(2014-01-08, 23:36)opdenkamp Wrote: moohaha feel free to suppress it on startup, but not when a new device is plugged in. i'm not bothered enough by this to implement it Smile

My CEC-USB adapter is shown as a new device on every launch, even though it isn't new.
(2014-01-09, 11:14)da-anda Wrote: same here, I don't need a notification that the Nyxboard is present on startup. baijuxavior, you have a link to according line?

xbmc\peripherals\Peripherals.cpp

Line No. 325 CGUIDialogKaiToast::QueueNotification(CGUIDialogKaiToast::Info, g_localizeStrings.Get(35005), peripheral.DeviceName());
I think we need a cache of known devices and verify the available items at startup with this list (and clear no longer present ones). Then only newly detected devices will be shown on startup which IMO is desired, but not the CEC adaptor or the Nyxboard for the thousands time.
If anyone has come up with a solution or idea how to fix this please let us know.

Please, if anyone had a chance to compile (unfortunately I have zero knowledge in this field) any of latest builds with this notification suppressed, I would be very happy if such custom build could be shared. At least one of my friends and I would use it, not to mention people in this thread.

I wish I had the patience of opdenkamp Wink, but I don't, and frankly it bothers me that when I start-up XBMC, this repeating message pops up again and again.
(2014-01-15, 15:16)da-anda Wrote: I think we need a cache of known devices and verify the available items at startup with this list (and clear no longer present ones). Then only newly detected devices will be shown on startup which IMO is desired, but not the CEC adaptor or the Nyxboard for the thousands time.
much easier to just suppress notifications for devices that are detected when xbmc is starting. i'm fine with a patch that does this. but i want to see the nice (hah!) popup whenever a device is inserted or removed.

and "bug" marker removed from the title, this is not a bug
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
@opdenkamp: would something like https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/compa...ifications be acceptable? I wasn't sure whether I should check m_bInitialised or m_bIsStarted in CPeripheralBus and I really don't know the code. I went for m_bInitialised and it seems to do the trick.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
See PR4119.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
With CEC on the Raspberry Pi, it appears that PR4119 only disables the notification when CEC is disabled. If CEC is enabled, the notification still appears on startup - is this intentional? It's great that PR4119 keeps CEC quiet whenever CEC is disabled, but would be even better if the startup notification could be suppressed entirely even when the device is still enabled.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Indeed this "Pulse-eghit CEC is started" and "is connected to TV" each time after boot is incredibly annoying.

I have LibreELEC 9.0.2 on Raspberry Pi.

Thread is 5 years old, nothing has changed...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Irritating 'New device configured - iMon HID device' message at startup0