Linux UPnP source very slow issues
Hi there,

I have an XStreamTec Midnight M3 box (ARM V7) pre-installed with XBMC (12.2, Git: 20130912–aefc21f) running on Linux (2.6.34). The XBMC build is the LBB version. It boots directly into XBMC, and there appears to be no way to get to Linux. I have a number of newbie questions (all relating to music which is my primary interest for this box):
  • How do I stop XBMC from loading and boot into Linux? I presume it is all in a config file somewhere.
  • Can I exit from XBMC into Linux?

It was relatively easy to get it all set up, however I now have a number of issues:
  • When I first set the box up, I configured it to use UPnP to access my music (about 30,000 tracks stored on a Windows 7 machine, using media player as the UPnP server). Loading the library was abysmally slow – after several hours it had only managed about 10% of the tracks – does anyone have any idea why this may be? Is WMP a rubbish server?
  • I abandoned this, deleted the UPnP source and created a new SMB (Windows Network) source. This was much faster loading the library in less than an hour. However, when I try updating the library, it now tries to update the (non-existent) UPnP source as well as the SMB source, taking hours again. Checking the source setup, there is no UPnP source listed, so I cannot delete it. I’ve tried deleting and re-setting the SMB source, but this does nothing. Does anyone have any idea how the UPnP source could stay active even though it does not appear in the XBMC GUI?
  • I thought I would reset the box to a zero configuration and start again, but there does not appear to be an option for this in XBMC – does anyone know how I can do this, assuming there is no resolution to the above issues?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP source very slow issues0