adding a (custom) collection of our favorite episodes?
sure this was answered before but i was unable to find it.

i am trying to add a tv series to my tv library that will appear along side the rest of my shows.
the problem is this is a (custom) collection of our favorite episodes spanning 8 seasons.

what are my options?

• sort and organize all the episodes into season folders then add as normal? - time consuming.

• manually create nfo files for each episode. - even more time consuming.

• add the folder using the justUseFilename add-on. - fast but can not figure out a way for it to appear with the rest of my tv shows.

any suggestions?

thank you
I suppose you could just use the favourites function on each, then set-up a playlist of them. Smart playlists of episodes also some to mind, might be easier if you have something in the .nfo or title for the search filters.I suspect if you elucidate a bit more, others who have the same issue might jump in, but your initial question is not really clear. So you want a favourite selection of episode videos to appear next to series names?
thanks for the reply and sorry for the un-clear question.

i will try again.

i have a bunch of carol burnett episodes recorded from live tv broadcasts.
they are not complete seasons nor am i sure what season each episode is from.
so i would like to add them to my tv show library without having to go to the trouble of sorting out the episode number and season. this is more work than i would like to do at this time.

can i add a tv series to my library even if i do not know the season and episode number for the episodes i have?

as i stated earlier i could i know i could:

a) manually create nfo files for each episode. very time consuming.

b) add the show/episodes using the justUseFilename add-on. - fast but with a problem. i can not find a way to have files scraped, using the justUseFilename add-on, show up in the library mode with shows scraped using tv shows.
when ever i use the justUseFilename add-on i have to create a separate playlist for these video/files which i can not display in my tv show playlist but would like to.

C) is there another way to do this?

good grief, is this any more clear or not? hope so.

thanks
Just use the files view. You can't add something to the library without adding it to the library, which is what you are asking. Yes, it's time consuming, but thems the breaks.
thank you. that is what i thought just hoped i was missing something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adding a (custom) collection of our favorite episodes?0