Music Views??
I'm loving the skin, it is fabulous!!!

One thing that I can't seem to get right is the xbmc visualization. It works but I can't seem to to get it to go full screen without all the exta info in front.

So what I do is set off a track in the music library and press tab and the visualization starts but with an info bar at the bottom and the groups picture super imposed over the visualization see picture.

I love all the extra info but is there a key or setting to have just the visualization?

Sorry if I'm being dumb, but I can't seem to work this out Huh

Thank you
So you want to get rid of the background art?

You can customise the look of the visualization screen by pressing m while you are in it.

A menu will appear at the bottom, and one of the options on this (can't remember what its exactly called off the top of my head) will let you make your changes.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Yes that is correct, I want to get rid of the artists pictures that hover over the visualization, and it would also be nice to have the info bar drop away.

I can't bring up the menu you suggest by pressing M while the visualization is displaying, it just won't stay up, but if I come out to the main XBMC page I get the same menu but not while the visualization is showing. I can't see anything related to the visualization??

The menu

This is a clearer picture of what I'm talking about..... The screen is quite busy with info, background art, all I want is to display the visualization full screen and nothing else

Sorry again if I'm being stupid, I just can't see how to change this

Thank you btw for helping me !!
I'm not sure if this is what you mean but if you go onto: ... OSD Menu > Settings > Hide Furniture.

It will only show the selected option with no info showing. i.e. Just the artist background + visualisation... ...then if you select viewing you will only see the visualisation (well for me anyway).

One of the options will take away the artist background to be left in just visualisation. Just need to try. When you say visualisation, I'm assuming you mean like the spectrum, waveform e.t.c. (This is in full screen)...
I would have to agree, the now playing window for music is far too busy. It would be nice to have just the fanart, artist, track name, album, timer like most skins. With MQ you either get everything or nothing but the fanart.

The extrafanart functionality also doesn't work. With Nox it will show you the fanart if there is one (fanart.jpg), and also rotate through the extrafanart folder if it exists. With MQ if you turn on extrafanart you get a black window if there is no extrafanart folder, it will not just show the default fanart.
You are both looking for the same option.

Enter the visulisation screen. Press the right arrow to open the OSD at the bottom. On this menu there will be an option to customise the visulisation screen.

You can turn off the fanart, turn on the visulisation, turn off the lyrics. Whatever you like.

Unless I'm missing something, you can either get the fanart all by itself or the "furniture" with the artist art, bio, album cover, spinning cd, etc. I don't see any way to just get the fanart with the usual album cover and essential text (artist, album, year, counter).

Here is an example of a very clean now playing window without a lot of the extra stuff that looks a bit cluttered. Not sure why the image won't embed but this is really clean and nice but his link for the XML is broken :/

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56192&page=2

Without altering the code, the closest you are going to get to that is changing the background to show fanart only (as described above, and disabling the artist slideshow.

It might look a bit weird though.

Just fanart with anything else on the screen does look weird. The existing Now Playing screen looks very cluttered and even worse when there is no album cover, or artist photo or bio. You just get these empty boxes. It looks pretty bad.

There's also the extrafanart bug, it doesn't work properly (Aeon Nox does it correct if that helps).

These issues make MQ pretty poor for playing music Sad
It seems to get worse with every version. I think!
I like the new mosaic slideshow but agree the scrolling artist info on the now playing screen isnt necessary, i know it can be removed but that removes the coverart, spinning disc and all aswell which doesnt help
You guys aren't going to get exactly what you want without modding the code.

I know MQ has tried to add as much customisation as possible, but there has to be a limit at some point, and unfortunately that means that he can't meet everyone's wishes.

It's too late to suggest any changes for MQ5, but when the time comes to start the MQ6 development I know Marcos will welcome all suggestions.

Perhaps Marcos might take some of these suggestions on board for Ace 2 ? Suggestions thread is here.
Been away for a day or two..…Anyway, thank you for bringing to my attention the menu I was missing. I happy now!!!

Thank you guys for all the help
Hi,

I've just subscribe to this forum because I was looking for a way to modify the music visualization view of AEON MQ5. I love this skin but i'm not a fan of how the music visualization look at all.

I just saw the screenshot in the thread that xbmc17 post and this is exactly how I would like my music visualization to look.

Would someone be able to make it look like this in AEON MQ5?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Views??0