script.module.metahandlers to be removed from the repo?
What's the difference between metahandler addon and this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175430

Remove this also then?
Eldorado,

Can you please contact me (travis [at] themoviedb.org) about this add-on? I emailed the address we have on file for you but am not confident it's a legit address.

I'm not trying to add any fuel to any fire or side of this discussion--to be perfectly honest I don't even know what this add on does. What I do know is that it's the most used non-commercial API key on all of TMDb (surpassing that of even XBMC itself) so whatever and whoever is using this, there's a crap load of people. It's important I get a better understanding of what this add on does and who it's used by.
(2014-01-04, 23:09)travisbell Wrote: Eldorado,

Can you please contact me (travis [at] themoviedb.org) about this add-on? I emailed the address we have on file for you but am not confident it's a legit address.

I'm not trying to add any fuel to any fire or side of this discussion--to be perfectly honest I don't even know what this add on does. What I do know is that it's the most used non-commercial API key on all of TMDb (surpassing that of even XBMC itself) so whatever and whoever is using this, there's a crap load of people. It's important I get a better understanding of what this add on does and who it's used by.

Devs using this module should request /use their own API key and parse it to the module. That way traffic will be split by the actual addons using it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-01-04, 23:15)Martijn Wrote:

Devs using this module should request /use their own API key and parse it to the module. That way traffic will be split by the actual addons using it.

I thought this question was for Eldorado? But it's a idea but maybe it's better to let Eldorado handle it with them?
I'm giving suggestions here. Isn't that allowed anymore?
(2014-01-04, 23:25)Martijn Wrote: I'm giving suggestions here. Isn't that allowed anymore?

Not allowed? Don't know I am not saying it's not. I was saying it's a idea. Don't react so defensive please.
Certainly looked that way yes (and coming from some one with 10 posts)
(2014-01-04, 23:15)Martijn Wrote: Devs using this module should request /use their own API key and parse it to the module. That way traffic will be split by the actual addons using it.

Exactly. This is my primary concern. I had actually spent a fair bit of time trying to figure out who this API key was and through a round about way Google pointed me straight back here. Sure enough, it's this add-on.

My concern is neither here nor there, I have nothing useful to contribute to the thread, like I said I don't even really understand what it's used for. Best I can speculate now is that it's a library add-on developers can use to get certain features for free (like pulling movie metadata).

Sorry for the hijack guys.
(2014-01-04, 23:31)Martijn Wrote: Certainly looked that way yes (and coming from some one with 10 posts)

I don't understand that. What got posts to do with reactions? So the more posts the better the reactions? Strange, but it's your party so smile a bit Wink
Seems like a good time to explain what it does.

Since xbmc's scrapers aren't usable from within addons, metahandlers emulates that functionality and allows devs to display metadata from TVDB, TheMovieDB, and IMDB for content listed in their addons.

It's open source, hosted on github: https://github.com/Eldorados/script.module.metahandler

@travisbell, Eldorado is a pretty busy guy, but the address from the new API key should be a good one (development changed hands and we were talking about this the other day)
I had no idea this module existed. Now that I do, I will add it to my plugin... I personal feel this nonsense about removing it is absurd.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-01-04, 23:15)Martijn Wrote:

Yes, I've been talking with Travis and has given me some pointers and they are well taken, I'm not trying to do anything underhanded and don't want this addon to be a burden to anyone

This wasn't an idea I had considered more out of simply lack of knowledge but makes perfect sense, I'll be updating the code as he is requesting.. unfortunately will break existing addons, but will make sure it doesn't cause script errors and crash the whole addon

(2014-01-12, 09:47)Lunatixz Wrote: I had no idea this module existed. Now that I do, I will add it to my plugin... I personal feel this nonsense about removing it is absurd.

Unfortunately I haven't written a wiki or guide of any sorts on how to use (dev's don't write documentation Smile), but I am also available for support either thru forums or email - contact me via github

Any questions just fire away!
(2014-01-15, 17:31)Eldorado Wrote: This wasn't an idea I had considered more out of simply lack of knowledge but makes perfect sense, I'll be updating the code as he is requesting.. unfortunately will break existing addons, but will make sure it doesn't cause script errors and crash the whole addon

It should be doable without breaking anything for existing addons. Just make it an optional parameter when calling the module from the other addon.
If they don't provide it use yours and if they do, use theirs
(2014-01-15, 18:54)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-01-15, 17:31)Eldorado Wrote: This wasn't an idea I had considered more out of simply lack of knowledge but makes perfect sense, I'll be updating the code as he is requesting.. unfortunately will break existing addons, but will make sure it doesn't cause script errors and crash the whole addon

It should be doable without breaking anything for existing addons. Just make it an optional parameter when calling the module from the other addon.

But then no one would get their own key and mine will get shut down... ?
(2014-01-16, 23:03)Eldorado Wrote:
(2014-01-15, 18:54)Martijn Wrote:

But then no one would get their own key and mine will get shut down... ?

Hmm you could ask the major addons to start using their own key as in between option until all switched . If they still won't you can always kill it anyway and force them to use their own.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.module.metahandlers to be removed from the repo?0