Android XBMC like system app on Android 4.2.2
Dear guys:
I'm building a custom rom for UHost2 device and I'm facing the following problem:
If I manually install XBMC from apk file it copies apk to /data/app/ and libraries to /data/data/org.xbmc/xbmc/lib
Everything runs fine

But if I add it to the /system/apps and add xbmc's lib to /system/lib then it doesn't copy lib files to /data/data/org.xbmc/xbmc/lib although it creates the folder.
if i try to start it it runs for the first time quite slow and than crashes. and after that it crashes every time I'm trying to run it

Am I doing something wrong?
Is it actually possible to add XBMC to the firmware so I would have XBMC pre-installed after factory reset?

The device is RK3066 SoC, 1GB ram, 4GB internal storage.

Then I run XBMC apk (installed as system) it does crash dalvik VM with this logcat error:
I/ActivityManager( 642): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=org.xbmc.xbmc/.Main bnds=[34,200][130,296]} from pid 1860
D/AndroidRuntime( 1860): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 1860): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40b9d930)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{org.xbmc.xbmc/org.xbmc.xbmc.Main}: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to find native library: xbmc
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2180)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2230)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:141)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1234)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5041)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:793)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:560)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to find native library: xbmc
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at android.app.NativeActivity.onCreate(NativeActivity.java:181)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at org.xbmc.xbmc.Main.onCreate(Main.java:18)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5113)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1080)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2144)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): ... 11 more
W/ActivityManager( 642): Force finishing activity org.xbmc.xbmc/.Main
I/Process ( 1860): Sending signal. PID: 1860 SIG: 9
I/WindowState( 642): WIN DEATH: Window{41384e18 u0 org.xbmc.xbmc/org.xbmc.xbmc.Splash}
I/ActivityManager( 642): Process org.xbmc.xbmc (pid 1860) has died.
I/qtaguid ( 642): Failed write_ctrl(s 0 10061) res=-1 errno=1

thanks!
Doing XBMC pre-installed to /system/apps is unsupported. Pre-loading to /system/apps apks that have shared libs is unsupported in Android.
Hi Davilla.
how are you?
I am trying to install xbmc in /system/app but i have the same problem, it installs very well, but when it starts, first time it runs...but suddenly it appears this error

E/AndroidRuntime( 1860): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{org.xbmc.xbmc/org.xbmc.xbmc.Main}: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to find native library: xbmc

i tried to copy all xbmc libraries in /system/lib but it failes again.

So, let me ask you......is it possible to install xbmc as system/app? if not, is there any solution to do it and to install it by default in my system although not in /system folder?

Thank you very much!
Berto
"Pre-loading to /system/apps apks that have shared libs is unsupported in Android", that means, Android as designed and written by Google, cannot preload an apk that uses a native activity. You might be able to hack up the firmware to make it work. But there might be unintended side effects.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC like system app on Android 4.2.21