Req Speed Test
Is there a connection speed test add on available in xbmc?

Or can you check the speed elsewhere?

Thanks
Anybody?
iperf

Also available as an addon for OpenELEC
Of you can launch a WWW.SPEEDTEST.NET web page with a launcher and use your mouse to execute it.
(2014-01-08, 22:33)ktjensen Wrote: Of you can launch a WWW.SPEEDTEST.NET web page with a launcher and use your mouse to execute it.

What launcher? I tried installing Opera on openelec but it doesn't seem to work.
OPENELEC means raspberry pi platform ?
(2014-01-09, 17:25)ktjensen Wrote: OPENELEC means raspberry pi platform ?

No. HTPC. Intel NUC Celeron.

Would advanced Launcher help run Iperf?
To be clear iperf is for local network speed check, speedtest.net for internet speed check. Which are you testing?

Also, you don't need advanced launcher for iperf on Openelec - it's in the OpenElec program addons.
(2014-01-09, 17:45)mayoman Wrote: To be clear iperf is for local network speed check, speedtest.net for internet speed check. Which are you testing?

Both, ideally.

Quote:Also, you don't need advanced launcher for iperf on Openelec - it's in the OpenElec program addons.

I installed it but it just hangs.
Use ADVANCED LAUNCHER to launch a browser with speedtest.net as an argument. Then use your mouse to activate it. Close the window when done on you PC.
(2014-01-09, 22:37)ktjensen Wrote: Use ADVANCED LAUNCHER to launch a browser with speedtest.net as an argument. Then use your mouse to activate it. Close the window when done on you PC.

So I installed advanced launcher. Go to default, standalone launcher.........then what? It just goes to file manager.
Read about how to use ADVANCED LAUNCHER. You can browse for INTERNET EXPLORER then once that is selected you can enter a parameter for a web page. This assumes you know the basics of COMMAND LINE applications. Read about COMMAND LINE to get an understanding if it.
I doubt internet explorer is shipped with openelec...

I don't know which packages you've got when using openelec but there is a speedtest cli version based on python available here: https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli somebody clever could probably figure out how to incoperate this in an addon or you could use advanced launcher to create a launcher that starts speedtest with the correct arguments.
(2014-01-13, 03:56)ursli Wrote: I don't know which packages you've got when using openelec but there is a speedtest cli version based on python available here: https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli somebody clever could probably figure out how to incoperate this in an addon or you could use advanced launcher to create a launcher that starts speedtest with the correct arguments.
Once you have installed speedtest cli, with Advanced Launcher : select /usr/bin/speedtest-cli as stand alone application and indicate noting as arguments...
As the /usr/bin/speedtest-cli command as to be started into a terminal and you need to have time to see the displayed result, I strongly suggest you to write a small .sh script for this :

Code:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/speedtest-cli
read -p "Press any key..."

Then create a standalone launcher that will start this script into a terminal (here is an example if you are using xfce4 terminal):

Application : xfce4-terminal
Argument : -e "path_to_your_sh_script"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed Test0