Remote control with mouse mode for a new HTPC
Hi guys
I making a new HTPC for my Living room for the whole family. Some aren't that tech savvy so I figured a remote control with a touchpad would be the best thing. Since I need to have advanced launcher to launch a browser to watch Netflix, NFL game pass and local Web TV stream. I can't seem to find any there has been reported to work with windows, like the nice Sony Google TV remote or the samsung smart TV remote.
I write here in hope of some in this community has found a solution or already uses a remote for XBMC and a Browser. The remote don't need a keyboard since the URLs for the different sites has made i command line parameters. So only need to click login and what to watch.
I really hope I get a lot of response on how to do this with the comment use a mouse since it's not really user friendly in the living room.
Here are two options- Logitech Mini PC Entertainment Keyboard and RII K25 2.4Ghz Wireless Air Mouse Keyboard...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-01-02, 21:41)bluray Wrote: Here are two options- Logitech Mini PC Entertainment Keyboard and RII K25 2.4Ghz Wireless Air Mouse Keyboard...

Air mouse is a no go they are way to unfriendly to use and I would prefer a one hand device like a Remote.

But thank you for a quick response
(2014-01-02, 21:55)ChaosU Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 21:41)bluray Wrote: Here are two options- Logitech Mini PC Entertainment Keyboard and RII K25 2.4Ghz Wireless Air Mouse Keyboard...

Air mouse is a no go they are way to unfriendly to use and I would prefer a one hand device like a Remote.

But thank you for a quick response
Here is a couple more choices- Lenovo Multimedia Remote Keyboard N5902 and SANOXY® Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
This thing caught my attention. Kinda want to try it.

$27 Feilan FL-102

http://www.focalgadgets.com/pc-tv-dvd-ip...mouse.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...000F-00014

I bought this Feilan remote, it's ok the mouse ball isn't the best but gets the job done. But I have this problem with the 5 Mediacenter keys don't get recognized in XBMC and I have no idea how to get them to work. When I use this XBMC Program GUI for mapping keys and I click on one of the keys it shows no click at all.
I recently tested out the NeatGear Google TV remote with QWERTY Keyboard and Mouse pad after connecting it via bluetooth to my Openelec HTPC.

Works as expected.

http://www.netgear.com/landing/stream/tv...v#features

I dont know if you can get a remote by itself though.
(2014-03-03, 16:56)ChaosU Wrote: I bought this Feilan remote, it's ok the mouse ball isn't the best but gets the job done. But I have this problem with the 5 Mediacenter keys don't get recognized in XBMC and I have no idea how to get them to work. When I use this XBMC Program GUI for mapping keys and I click on one of the keys it shows no click at all.

Well, thats weird. I think the mouse ball is the best part about this remote. It nice and smooth and moves around great. The part that irritates me is the VERY weak signal of the IR.
Thats a no go for me. Now it sits in the drawer. I bought the FL-102 not knowing that it didnt have a backlight. The FL-202 is the one with the backlight.
I know this post is over almost 2 months old, but how weak was the IR signal. I need about 20ft. I like the idea of back lighted remote.
ozkhan1 == was that plug and play or ?? I have the remote and am using xbmcbuntu standalone- cant get it to work ??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote control with mouse mode for a new HTPC0