OS X EyeTV Live TV without PVR client?
Hi

Running a Mac Mini with a HD Homerun Dual on the network (DVB-C). I have the EyeTV software installed on the same machine that has the XMBC running. Have i misunderstood something? Why can't i just install the EyeTV parser and configure it to run with the EyeTV software in the background? Why is XBMC demanding for at PVR client?

If this is possible anyhow, can someone describe the configuration process for me or link to a guide?

Running on OSX 10.9 Mavericks and the nightly build from yesterday.

Thanks!
Actually, the EyeTV parser will eventually be able to act like a full PVR add-on some time in the future. It wasn't done in time for XBMC v13, but beenje (Team XBMC member and author of the EyeTV parser add-on) has brought this up before to do exactly that. I don't really know the technical reasons, but basically something needs to be adapted so PVR will work with python add-ons, or something like that, and then we should be in business.
Thanks for your answer Ned. I will try to be patient... I have a working solution at the moment...
What make EyeTV addon and non full PVR add-on ?
Hi freddyboy,

I don't understand your question

Cheers
Why is EyeTV addon not a full PVR addon?
Because it's written in Python, and the PVR features weren't set up to be used with Python PVR add-ons, but that will hopefully be resolved in the future. As I said before...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EyeTV Live TV without PVR client?0