Can't access hosts thru WAP
I posted this in the wrong forum by mistake. My apologies.

Here's an interesting problem. I have a wireless access point in my basement to compliment my main router because I live in a big house. The basement WAP is connected by powerline ethernet to my main router upstairs. Each one has a separate SSID (home & home2). I was able to setup the XBMC hosts for the remote from my Galaxy S3 using my main ssid (home). When I put in the ip address it was able to find and enter the MAC address. I put in the username, password and port 80 and all is well.

The problem becomes when I try to access it using home2 (WAP SSID) on my S3. I get "connection refused" and it won't connect but as soon as I use "home" again its back with no problem. I even tried to set up using "home2" but when I enter the host IP the MAC is all 00's. This is with all 3 HTPC's I built. It wouldnt be much of a problem but the living room HTPC is out of range of "home" and is using "home2" (WAP) to connect to my network and internet. Ironically, I can control that PC with my phone as long as I'm in range of "home", which is on the other side of the house.

I checked to see if there was a firewall on my TP-link WAP but there isn't. I'm figuring it may be a DHCP issue since it can't find the MAC address when I enter the HTPC IP. I'm letting my main router handle DHCP. I wonder if this is why it won't work with "home2".

Any thoughts? I really appreciate the help.
I don't think that can be the problem, as I also have 2 access points with different SSIDs, and DHCP handled through one. This works well for a variety of purposes (including XBMC remote over wifi from a tablet).
Do you use the same 'channel' for the 2 SSIDs (mine are different, but it should work on the same channel I think).
Is the MAC essential?

BTW I haven't used this remote, only YATSE and Music Pump
Derek
Well, I changed two things when you replied. I checked the option to "control device through UPNP" as well as connecting my basement HTPC by powerline ethernet rather than wifi. The basement one works now using both SSIDs but the living room one still just goes though "home" wifi even though I checked the "control device thru UPNP" option there as well.

Not the worst though. The basement one is my screening room mostly so at least that one works with both SSID.

To answer your question, I don't think the MAC is essential. Once you give it the IP it'll get it on its own.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't access hosts thru WAP0