Pi Wont Start
I have a RPI that i got for Christmas (my second one). i have rasbmc installed and it has worked for a few days perfectly.
however, now. only the red power light comes on.
i have tried unhooking the keyboard, the external drive, the HDMI all to no avail..

do i have to re install the whole OS again and start over?
is my PI toast?
Can you try booting with the sdcard from first pi?
actually i can not. the other RPI is not readily available as it is in another location running a light show for Christmas
(2014-01-03, 21:09)Keebler Wrote: I have a RPI that i got for Christmas (my second one). i have rasbmc installed and it has worked for a few days perfectly.
however, now. only the red power light comes on.
i have tried unhooking the keyboard, the external drive, the HDMI all to no avail..

do i have to re install the whole OS again and start over?
is my PI toast?

I think your SD is buggered, reinstall.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Several things that can cause this:
* Bad or broken SD
* Corrupted files on /boot
* Bad SD/Pi connection (thin SD, broken SD slot or broken SD)
* To high overclock (or to low overvoltage)
* Power supply

If you have played with overclocking, try to modify config.txt to reduce OC and see if it helps.

You could also try to download this, unpack it and replace all files on your SD card. If you are on a USB or NFS install you have to edit cmdline (see here).

If that don´t work, push gently on the SD card while trying to boot and see if it boots.

Nothing helps, check your power supply (most common problem for users I would say... still).
i did do a re install, and now i cant find config.txt
If you mount it on your computer it´s on the vfat partition.
If you access it via SSH or SFTP its in /boot.

Edit: You can also edit config.txt in Raspbmc addon. Some things as toggles, other things you can add in "Additional...".
i installed the WRONG version
i found it

thank you

here is the problem..
the SD card was filled
it was a 4GB that was only using 70mb
is there a way that XMBC can use the WHOLE sd card?
That is default.
70MB is used for the boot partition, the rest is the file system partition which now is f2fs so you don´t see it.
Or do you have a USB install?
What do you mean filled?
Did you try the Aurora web browser when this happened?
Have you even bothered to look at the raspbmc documentation? Here I'll find it for you:

http://www.raspbmc.com/wiki/user/frequen...questions/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-01-04, 02:26)miappa Wrote: That is default.
70MB is used for the boot partition, the rest is the file system partition which now is f2fs so you don´t see it.
Or do you have a USB install?
What do you mean filled?
Did you try the Aurora web browser when this happened?

no its not a usb install...

(2014-01-04, 02:28)nickr Wrote: Have you even bothered to look at the raspbmc documentation? Here I'll find it for you:

http://www.raspbmc.com/wiki/user/frequen...questions/

i saw that..
BUT it didnt seem that that was happening in this case..
i only had one thng installed, and i hadnt read that anyone else had this same issue..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pi Wont Start0