XBMC adding movies from deleted SMB
Hey guys/girls!

I used SMB to get some files from my server to my XBMC. In a later stage I no longer need that SMB share since the movies is stored localy on my PC. But now everytime I update the library it still searches through that SMB share and they are re-entered in my library, even though I have removed it as a source. I have no idea why it does this, I have tried to use the "Clean Library"-function and restarted XBMC but it still searches through that SMB-share.. Anyone got a idea of how to solve this?
is it still in your sources.xml? or try to add it as a source, then Set content to None?
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
Where do I find that file?

Found it, it is not in the sources file. However the source I replaced it with (U: ) is there.
Here is my content of sources.xml :

Code:
<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>Filmer</name>
            <path pathversion="1">D:\Filmer\</path>
            <path pathversion="1">E:\Filmer\</path>
            <path pathversion="1">F:\Filmer\</path>
            <path pathversion="1">X:\Filmer\</path>
            <path pathversion="1">S:\filmer\</path>
            <path pathversion="1">U:\filmer\</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Serier</name>
            <path pathversion="1">D:\Serier\</path>
            <path pathversion="1">E:\Serier\</path>
            <path pathversion="1">F:\Serier\</path>
            <path pathversion="1">X:\Serier\</path>
            <path pathversion="1">S:\serier\</path>
            <path pathversion="1">T:\serier\</path>
            <path pathversion="1">U:\serier\</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
    </music>
    <pictures>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
</sources>
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...ources.xml
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Media_sources
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
I have been looking through those links before making this post, however I had not looked through the sources.xml file. But as I previously mentioned the SMB share is not located in there, nor is it located as a source when looking in XBMC at Files -> Movies -> Edit Source. I have tried to restart XBMC, restarted the HTPC, Cleaned the Library and now looked through the source.xml file. Any more suggestions?

Edit: Also just updated to Frodo 12.3 but I still have the same problem, even though that SMB is not located in the Source List nor the source.xml file.

Edit 2: When looking through the files in XBMC, I can not find any files that are located in the SMB share either.

Edit 3: When starting a movie that is from that old SMB source, it lists in the log that it starts from the SMB. Output from log when starting a movie: "00:45:01 T:2840 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: smb://ZZZZZZZ/Server HDD3/filmer/YYYYYY/XXXXXXXX.mkv"

Edit 4: Found a guy with the exact same problem as me. No solution though: http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/getting-st...leted.html
SOLUTION:
  • I removed all the items that had appeared from the removed SMB share, manually in the library.
  • Changed the content of my sources (movies and series) to none. When asked to update this change to the items I said no since I don't want to re-scan all my 2500ish items in my library.
  • Changed back the content of my sources. The movie source to Movies with the Universal Movie Scraper and the series source to Series with the The TVDB scraper. When asked to update I said no.
  • Now when Updating Library the content from the old SMB share will no longer appear.
I hope this helps anyone with similar problem, and will save you some time. Took me about 2½ hours to get this fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC adding movies from deleted SMB0