Play a Blu-Ray file possible?
(2014-01-05, 15:34)Dirki Wrote: Sounds as if those people just would see a colored rectangle (watching a colored movie on TV). OK, most of the letters and icons I can recognize with the native resolution and. I guess, I would prefer watching HD, Blu-Ray. On my LG 3D-Plasma-TV 50PM470S 127 I sometimes have very bad colors, the colors of these movies look like the ones of an amateur video, I assume that is caused by the TV itself, the same colors I saw on a Samsung TV last time.

Remux meanst changing the container, e.g. avi to mkv?

And untouched video / audio means uncompressed, I assume, but may be converted from one lossless format to another?

And thanks for clownbd.
As far as I know, different HDTV produces slightly different picture quality. Environment (ambient, distant, etc) can make you see picture slightly different too. If you have AVR, you might want to set it to passthrough video. Most HDTV's can do better job video scaling than AVR's....

Remux is a way to mix and match audio and video files. Another word, you can remove unwanted audio and subtitle files or add audio file you want to include. Most people do this to their blu-ray file to maximize the hard drive space. Here is a good and easy to use free software for this job- tsMuxer. If you don't have storage problem, the best blu-ray file is ISO. It's as original as it get.

If you want to reduce file size further, you can use bluray converter software. The best one is this- HandBrake
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
you dont need to change the container,(but you can)
the original source if you load a blu-ray uses a so called blu-ray folder structure,
that's what i use.
i even could burn it on a blu-ray disc and put it in a stand alone player and it would play the movie without any issue.
and no i don't convert the audio.
i use the untouched audio provided on the disc.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Quote:As far as I know, different HDTV produces slightly different picture quality. Environment (ambient, distant, etc) can make you see picture slightly different too. If you have AVR, you might want to set it to passthrough video. Most HDTV's can do better job video scaling than AVR's....
Sorry, what does AVR mean? I play the movies on the Notebook connected with HDMI cabel to the TV. The colors can be extremely different, e.g. I have watched Jurrassic Park with very good colors - how I was used to it - and extremely bad ones (like a video) nowadays.

And many thanks for the programs, just downloaded them.

Quote:you dont need to change the container,(but you can)
the original source if you load a blu-ray uses a so called blu-ray folder structure,
that's what i use.
i even could burn it on a blu-ray disc and put it in a stand alone player and it would play the movie without any issue.
and no i don't convert the audio.
i use the untouched audio provided on the disc.
OK, so there is absolutely no loss of quality. And about 40 to 60 movies would fit on a 3 TB Hard Disk, I assume. And I assume, you could "extract" the music of a movie or a live Blu-Ray, DVD in lossless quality.
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
AVR = Audio-Video Receiver (google is your friend)

disable every mode on your tv that is called 'enhance', 'improve' and 'fuck shit up' and generally your colours will be better.
Thank you, Kib.

OK, I will try to fuck the shit up on that TV, but there are not that much options, I assume, but I will have a look again, had already tried a bit.

Thanks again.
You never mention your graphic card. The configuration in your graphic card can cause bad PQ too. If you have AMD graphic card, you can disable everything other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" in CCC\Video\Quality....
Yes, I watch the movies with my TV, so I thought it is not necessary. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650.

Sorry, what does PQ mean?
Pq = picture quality.

The picture gets to your Tv via the video card, it governs pq for the most part.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you.

Quote:The picture gets to your Tv via the video card, it governs pq for the most part.
The configuration in your graphic card can cause bad PQ too. If you have AMD graphic card, you can disable everything other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" in CCC\Video\Quality....
I have found it:

http://i.imgur.com/V1N0TZn.png
http://i.imgur.com/wuBFsBo.png
http://i.imgur.com/xUKc3WV.png (here enable "Use AMD Settings"?)
(2014-01-06, 14:23)Dirki Wrote: Thank you.

Quote:The picture gets to your Tv via the video card, it governs pq for the most part.
The configuration in your graphic card can cause bad PQ too. If you have AMD graphic card, you can disable everything other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" in CCC\Video\Quality....
I have found it:

http://i.imgur.com/V1N0TZn.png
http://i.imgur.com/wuBFsBo.png
http://i.imgur.com/xUKc3WV.png (here enable "Use AMD Settings"?)
You can do a couple things in your PC to maintain good PQ. Every little thing can cause PQ to look bad on your screen. Here are some ideas-

-Update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Graphics Drivers and Software
-Disable everything in CCC Video/Quality other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" as shown in my screen shot below
-Enable DXVA2 and select Auto detect as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback
-Disable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output
-Select "Balanced" power option in Windows control panel
-If there is an option, you can set AVR to pass-thru video (HDTV usually do a better job than AVR in video department)

Thank you very much blueray for the instructions, for the screenshot, also.

All done. I will try a bit further, when I watch movies...it reminds me, that in some or many movies in dark scenes (e.g. night) and especially "The Book of Eli" is a very good example there were no contours anymore, I could not recognize anything in many scenes being almost completely black, dark. May be these new settings will correct that also.

Many thanks again.
(2014-01-05, 23:50)Kib Wrote: AVR = Audio-Video Receiver (google is your friend)

disable every mode on your tv that is called 'enhance', 'improve' and 'fuck shit up' and generally your colours will be better.

(2014-01-06, 00:55)Dirki Wrote: Thank you, Kib.

OK, I will try to fuck the shit up on that TV, but there are not that much options, I assume, but I will have a look again, had already tried a bit.

Thanks again.

Nice... Can we make a How to fuck your shit up topic on wiki, instead of How to set it up properly? Its a pile of shit and sweet/salty sweaty bollocks reading about fucking shit up, in the forums and I am 100% against swearing as I never fucking do it myself, ever!

Enjoy it.
Many thanks, uNiversal,

For your suggestion and for the nice video, also, I have watched it three times now and have just added it to my documentaries in XBMC,

Many thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play a Blu-Ray file possible?0