• 7(current)
Release Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)
I am running the latest version of xbmc ubuntu. I cannot control amazon at all. I can't get a fullscreen, rewind, pause, stop, anything. Please help. Sorry this is new for me.
I tried to run this in Linux, and wasn't able to get it to play. After starting the addon with kiosk mode disabled and installing a user-agent (UA) spoofer into Chrome, I configured the UA extension to permanently spoof amazon.com with Microsoft Firefox 15. It still continued to load the default (I believe it's Flash). If you change the UA after the video tries to load with the default, amazon gives a "too many steams open" error, and says to wait ten minutes to try again.

In the NetfliXBMC plugin, there is a setting under Advanced that allows you to enable "Linux: Use Silverlight fullscreen mode". Looking forward to a feature like this being added to this addon, or to ScriptorDE (the maker of NetfliXBMC) releasing his Amazon addon. Just wanted to share my experience for other Linux users. Please let me know if I missed anything, and keep up the good work!
Not sure what problem your running in to exactly. But everything you mentioned should already be included by default with the add-on. The user agent switcher is already included. The only thing that needs to be done for this add-on to work on Linux is to install HAL. A requirement to play amazon on Linux. Either that or use pipelight to enable the silverlight player
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
(2014-03-16, 21:17)Romans I XVI Wrote: Not sure what problem your running in to exactly. But everything you mentioned should already be included by default with the add-on. The user agent switcher is already included. The only thing that needs to be done for this add-on to work on Linux is to install HAL. A requirement to play amazon on Linux. Either that or use pipelight to enable the silverlight player

I have HAL and Pipelight installed, and I am able to play Amazon videos directly through the Chrome Launcher using the UA extension for Chrome (set to Windows Firefox 15) and the silverlight setting in Amazon.

If the UA switcher is already included with this addon, where can I configure the switcher and what browser does the switcher default to?
Also I forgot. You have to make sure chromes pepper flash is disabled if you are using Chrome, that is not Chromium
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
(2014-03-16, 22:45)Romans I XVI Wrote: Also I forgot. You have to make sure chromes pepper flash is disabled if you are using Chrome, that is not Chromium

I disabled my UA extension and Pepper Flash in Chrome. When I try to load an Amazon video, I get an error screen that says "Flash Player is not installed". When I hit F5 to reload the page, I get the same error.

When I enable my UA extension (with Pepper Flash disabled), I still get the same error screen but reloading with F5 causes the video to load correctly with pipelight. This tells me that the addon's built-in UA isn't kicking in. I'm guessing this is why ScriptorDE added that Linux/pipelight switch in his settings. Wish I could help more but python is one language I know nothing about.
Registering my interest for a version that works with the UK Prime stuff, seeing as it's now being forced on us by Amazon along with our free shipping (and a £30 price increase!)

As I only ever use XBMC, would be nice to have support for this Smile
For some reason the amazon add-on won't download. Chrome launcher worked perfectly. Any suggestions?
Thank you for all your work on this Romans I XVI. Love the name too.

FYI - not sure if most are aware that there is now an MCE amazon addin - http://sharepointsnapple.com/amazonmceaddin/ Perhaps some cross collaboration could help with non-chrome launcher options for XBMC in the future?
Noob question: I grabbed the repo. I have a fresh install of the latest XBMC release. I enable the depo and go to add the add-on, but it says it's been "marked as broken in the repository", "dependencies not met." I tried enabling debugging but nothing relevant appears in the log that I can see. I deleted addons15.db, hit force refresh a bunch, etc. and nothing changed that.

Any ideas? Is there some dependency I need to go manually install?
+3 for a update including support for Germany!

Thanx for the work done so far!

Is it possible to force Chrome to launch on a second Display/Monitor? XBMC is running on my MacMini connected via HDMI to a Samsung TV and a second small Monitor to do the Computer work. The TV is set up as the second Display in OS X. Now, everytime i run "Chrome Launcher" the Chrome window is shown on the primary Monitor and not on the TV. When i launch Chrome manually everything is OK and the window opens on the TV. What can i do to make "Chrome Launcher" using the second Monitor (TV). Thanx in advance for helping!
any word on german/uk support yet?
My trial subscription end date crept up on me so I got it for a year now....
Hi XBMC folks - My name is Marc Davis and I am the current developer of the AmazonMCEAddin for Media Center. I'm looking for assistance with getting the UK and Germany versions of Instant Video working with the addin. The XBMC Amazon addin is very similar to my code (I think the previous author based his work on this but I could be wrong) so I am hoping what fixes one will fix the other.

I have already tried simple URL conversions for the web service calls but they return a 401 which I take to mean the request is invalid as formatted. I was wondering if the guys that developed the Amazon XBMC addin could share how they discovered the US web service URLs and if that method can be used to determine the UK/Germany ones. I am guessing the Kindle Amazon Instant Video plugin can be wiresharked and the URLs derived from that - but I have had very little luck with the Android emulator and - more importantly - I do not have a UK/Germany internet address or Amazon account.

So - I think we need some help to get this done. Thoughts?

Marc
(2014-04-01, 23:39)MarcDavis Wrote: Hi XBMC folks - My name is Marc Davis and I am the current developer of the AmazonMCEAddin for Media Center. I'm looking for assistance with getting the UK and Germany versions of Instant Video working with the addin. The XBMC Amazon addin is very similar to my code (I think the previous author based his work on this but I could be wrong) so I am hoping what fixes one will fix the other.

I have already tried simple URL conversions for the web service calls but they return a 401 which I take to mean the request is invalid as formatted. I was wondering if the guys that developed the Amazon XBMC addin could share how they discovered the US web service URLs and if that method can be used to determine the UK/Germany ones. I am guessing the Kindle Amazon Instant Video plugin can be wiresharked and the URLs derived from that - but I have had very little luck with the Android emulator and - more importantly - I do not have a UK/Germany internet address or Amazon account.

So - I think we need some help to get this done. Thoughts?

Marc

Well I (among many others) could help with a UK address. My gf has an android tablet, I have an iphone 4s (jailbroken). If you guide me what to do I'll help out
Unfortunatly not compatible with XBMC 13.0 "Gotham"
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)5