• 3(current)
Release Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)
(2014-01-05, 05:29)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: I'll add it to the official xbmc.org repo (like most of my addons).
If Chrome Launcher gets used by other addons/devs too, it's probably the best solution...

Perfect. I thought that it was a addon that met the requirements for the official repo. I was hoping it would make it in. And yes I will do my best to support the users of this add on before just sending them your way. I will check the chrome launcher forum from time to time too to see if there are any questions I can help answer.
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Hey Roman, thanks for taking the lead on getting this together!

3 things in testing....

1. I know that you said you're working on getting purchased content lists to display. I think this is a very important feature for many of us.

2. I also think you mentioned that remote support for Windows will be enabled similar to the Netflixbmc add-on. That would be great, since Chrome doesn't seem to even respect my Space bar pauses (I have to use the mouse to control right now)

3. Please ensure that the add-on allows adding both Prime and purchased content to the library (similar to the Netflixbmc context menu). I notice this seems to be missing from the Amazon context menu options (maybe I am wrong about that?).

Once these are implemented I think we will have a big win here...thanks again!
(2014-01-05, 02:09)locoguano Wrote: Running into the same issue here as I am with the Netflix addon... When I launch a video Chrome launches but XBMC stays on top. THis is in Windows 7.

Edit: Chrome Launcher works fine with the websites that are included with it (Youtube, Vimeo), so the issue doesn't seem to be CL.

Locoguano, what's your chrome's "On Starup" setting? I had this same issue, but changing from "Continue where i left off" to "open the new tab page" fixed it for me
(2014-01-05, 21:17)peterno3 Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 02:09)locoguano Wrote: Running into the same issue here as I am with the Netflix addon... When I launch a video Chrome launches but XBMC stays on top. THis is in Windows 7.

Edit: Chrome Launcher works fine with the websites that are included with it (Youtube, Vimeo), so the issue doesn't seem to be CL.

Locoguano, what's your chrome's "On Starup" setting? I had this same issue, but changing from "Continue where i left off" to "open the new tab page" fixed it for me

Found my problem... had "always on top" enabled in my advancedsettings.xml
Funny thing is that I don't remember adding that recently. Oh well.
@Romans I XVI , wish I had time to help... but if I were you I would use beautifulsoup to parse the amazon webpage for prime users, and have it addlink the pages found.

Then a user could click there prime movie and the page would open in chrome...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Lunatixz.

I'm a little confused what you are talking about. We are already playing videos by opening a browser to the correct page. Or are you talking about a way to log in to list purchased content. That is the feature that is missing, and that's only because amazon is detecting it's a script and resetting the password.

I am not familiar with beautifulsoup but I will look and see what functions it offers.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Hi Romans,
thanks for merging the Amazon & Chrome addon!
I'm hoping for the watchlist and other features from netflixbmc, too.

I have read, that AddonScripter has also started on a new amazon addon some weeks ago.
Although, are you still going to improve this addon, or is this just a temporary workaround?
If so, can you please add a "HD only" category? And do you also plan to modify the control tool from netflixbmc?
(2014-01-06, 04:25)Romans I XVI Wrote: Lunatixz.

I'm a little confused what you are talking about. We are already playing videos by opening a browser to the correct page. Or are you talking about a way to log in to list purchased content. That is the feature that is missing, and that's only because amazon is detecting it's a script and resetting the password.

I am not familiar with beautifulsoup but I will look and see what functions it offers.
I'm suggesting a way to retrieve prime user video, including purchase history.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Ok thanks for the tip. I will look in to it.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
In addition to non-prime shows being listed (e.g., Television >> HDTV Shows >> Essential Pepin), some prime shows are not listed. For example, Pocoyo doesn't show anywhere under Television. I can search for it and Season 1 & 2 show up. But, if I try to export to my library, the folders are made, but the stream files are not. Also, the context menu offers add to watchlist which errors out, but not add to favorites. It works if I export each individual episode.

Here's the error for watchlist:
Code:
15:30:24 T:7328   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('AsinStatus',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon-master\default.py", line 53, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon-master\default.py", line 51, in modes
                                                exec 'sitemodule.%s()' % common.args.sitemode
                                              File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon-master\resources\lib\common.py", line 164, in addTVWatchlist
                                                addWatchlist('tv')
                                              File "C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon-master\resources\lib\common.py", line 183, in addWatchlist
                                                if json['AsinStatus'] == '0':
                                            KeyError: ('AsinStatus',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
The next update will have updated database files and also there will be a setting for whether or not you want to play the HD version. HD will be enabled by default.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
hello,
thank you for putting these 2 addons together.

Still i'm not able to play any videos, though i'm getting a list of the availble movies from the addon.
when i select the movie and try to play it, i'm presented with the addon config as king me to select chrome path and other options, since i'm clueless what to do i escape from the window . Unfortunnately video doesn't work and i see this in xbmc.log:
Quote:16:05:27 T:2935661632 NOTICE:

====================AMAZON START====================
16:05:30 T:2743067712 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
16:05:30 T:2743067712 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:06:00 T:3037569024 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.amazon/?mode=%22play%22&name=%224%20Months%2c%203%20Weeks%20and%202%20Days%22&sitemode=%22PLAYVIDEO%22&url=%22http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.com%2fgp%2fproduct%2fB001NE5IZ4%22
16:06:00 T:3037569024 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.amazon/?mode=%22play%22&name=%224%20Months%2c%203%20Weeks%20and%202%20Days%22&sitemode=%22PLAYVIDEO%22&url=%22http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.com%2fgp%2fproduct%2fB001NE5IZ4%22) failed
16:06:03 T:2935661632 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
16:06:20 T:2935661632 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:06:20 T:2935661632 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
16:06:20 T:2935661632 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:06:24 T:2935661632 NOTICE: ['plugin://plugin.video.amazon/', '12', '?mode=%22play%22&name=%224%20Months%2c%203%20Weeks%20and%202%20Days%22&sitemode=%22PLAYVIDEO%22&url=%22http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.com%2fgp%2fproduct%2fB001NE5IZ4%22']
16:06:29 T:2935661632 NOTICE: common.args
16:06:29 T:2935661632 NOTICE: {'url': 'http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NE5IZ4', 'sitemode': 'PLAYVIDEO', 'name': '4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days', 'mode': 'play'}
16:06:29 T:2935661632 NOTICE:
What is your OS dbabo.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
(2014-01-08, 02:12)Romans I XVI Wrote: What is your OS dbabo.

Romans,
Quote:uname -a
Linux raspbmc 3.6.11 #2 PREEMPT Tue Jul 30 02:02:22 UTC 2013 armv6l GNU/Linux
(2014-01-04, 23:50)mikefreeman Wrote: I also am running XBMC 13, and it is still listed as incompatible. Otherwise, looking forward to trying this new addon! Thanks for your work on this (and yes, Bluecop and Addonscriptor, too Smile ).

(2014-01-04, 18:32)Mike8913 Wrote: Romans, After installing your repo chromelauncher installed fine but the amazon add-on is marked incompatible.

Any thoughts to this. Im running 13 alpha of xbmc. I'm not sure what log would help here as I havent actually executed anything except for the repo install.

THoughts?

(2014-01-04, 18:56)Romans I XVI Wrote: I just updated the repo Mike8913. Like I said i left out some of bluecop's required scripts on accident. Try installing again.

Romans, am I misunderstanding here in that if we are running XBMC 13, such as the latest nightly build, and getting the addon marked as incompatible, that re-installing the addon should correct? If so I have tried several times without any luck.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)5