• 8(current)
Release Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)
(2014-04-09, 13:43)billyx Wrote: Unfortunatly not compatible with XBMC 13.0 "Gotham"

Running XBMC Gotham Ubuntu 14.04 w/ HAL and flash installed . Amazon Prime plugin quit working until I downgraded XBMC to Frodo...now Amazon Prime works--and all my other video plugins don't. My workaround is to upgrade to Gotham when I want to to use the other plugins and downgrade to Frodo every time I want to watch my free Prime Videos.

Just watching the Amazon in a browser won't work for me because with HAL installed the screen goes black every 10 minutes now matter what my power or DPMS settings are; using Caffeine or the sleep inhibitor power applet isn't helping.

If any know of a workaround to get Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher working in Gotham on Ubuntu 14.04 please share. I am out of ideas. Thanks for listening.
Is this the best way to play Prime content via xbmc? Or is there a simpler addon to get?
I'm sort of stumped here as well. I'm guess after reading through this forum thread I'm a bit confused.

I started with a fresh install of Frodo 12.2 (i think) yesterday and go it up in running (using an ION board with Atom processor). I then installed the BlueCop Repo and the Amazon add on. After adding my Amazon username and password it connected right away and I can browse everything just fine. But when I click on any video it begins to stream it quits and gives me an error.

So after searching XBMC forums I found this thread, but I'm not sure this will correct my issue.

Any suggestions? Is the plugin I'm using no longer supported?

SCF
A couple pages back the author noted that someone else, addonscriptorde the author of the Netflix plugin here, was possibly going to do one for Amazon. I've not seen anything since.

I don't think the BlueCop Amazon has working for a long time.

I've bought a license for PlayOn which works okay through XBMC (I use it currently for Amazon and Hulu) but does have some disadvantages. Pause is sketchy and resuming is non-existent. Playing straight through works great.

I was really hoping to see something happen. With all the streaming services, XBMC seems to be left behind.
Anyone got any sort of solution for watching amazon prime on a pc using a remote control? I was hoping this would work but it looks like there's no update for gotham.

(2014-04-15, 03:32)majorsl Wrote: I've bought a license for PlayOn which works okay through XBMC (I use it currently for Amazon and Hulu) but does have some disadvantages. Pause is sketchy and resuming is non-existent. Playing straight through works great.

I've seen this suggested a lot, but I don't think I should have to pay another 40 dollars a year on top of my amazon subscription just to get some sort of desktop app for amazon instant.
Wow, they raised the price. I think I paid that for my "Lifetime" version.

I don't disagree, but until someone writes something specifically for XBMC, that's the most reliable I've found for Amazon and Hulu. I wish I could code, I'd do it.
Hi starting yesterday or so every time i try to watch anything the chrome window opens but i get an error from amazon that says
"An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check Your Account to confirm that the order was placed. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I'm guessing amazon changed something?
Hi there,

I still get the message that amazon is incompatible to my xbmc 13.0. Has anyone else the same problem yet?
(2014-04-01, 23:39)MarcDavis Wrote: Hi XBMC folks - My name is Marc Davis and I am the current developer of the AmazonMCEAddin for Media Center. I'm looking for assistance with getting the UK and Germany versions of Instant Video working with the addin. The XBMC Amazon addin is very similar to my code (I think the previous author based his work on this but I could be wrong) so I am hoping what fixes one will fix the other.

I have already tried simple URL conversions for the web service calls but they return a 401 which I take to mean the request is invalid as formatted. I was wondering if the guys that developed the Amazon XBMC addin could share how they discovered the US web service URLs and if that method can be used to determine the UK/Germany ones. I am guessing the Kindle Amazon Instant Video plugin can be wiresharked and the URLs derived from that - but I have had very little luck with the Android emulator and - more importantly - I do not have a UK/Germany internet address or Amazon account.

So - I think we need some help to get this done. Thoughts?

Marc

Hi Marc,

I live in germany and could test things from here with my Amazon Instant Video Account.
I tried myself to just change the .com in the URLs into .de but this has two effects:
1. the menue options "featured movies" and "featured television" give a script error
2. the menu option "movies" does work, but it shows US-Movies

The second is strange, isn't it ?
Where do the US-movies come from when all URLs end with '.de' ?

At that point I stopped investigating.

I work on a Mac Mini running OSX 10.6 with chrome (but I could test on windows 7 or linux, too.

So, where to start ?

Greetings from germany,
Andy
(2014-05-07, 16:19)Ar-Kane Wrote: Hi starting yesterday or so every time i try to watch anything the chrome window opens but i get an error from amazon that says
"An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check Your Account to confirm that the order was placed. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I'm guessing amazon changed something?

I'm getting the same issue here. Any news?
New problem: The newest versions of Chrome don't support NPAPI, which is required to view Amazon through a DRM-compatible Flash player (at least on Linux). The built-in Chrome version does not support DRM at all, and so won't play Amazon Prime content. Is there a way to adapt this addon to run Firefox instead? Otherwise, my days of watching Amazon shows and movies from within XBMC are over, which is really unacceptable.
(2014-05-21, 00:21)mikefreeman Wrote: New problem: The newest versions of Chrome don't support NPAPI, which is required to view Amazon through a DRM-compatible Flash player (at least on Linux). The built-in Chrome version does not support DRM at all, and so won't play Amazon Prime content. Is there a way to adapt this addon to run Firefox instead? Otherwise, my days of watching Amazon shows and movies from within XBMC are over, which is really unacceptable.

Agreed...I enjoyed using xbmc to access my amazon prime account
Downgrade chrome to pre v34.
Actually it's not chrome....I reset my licenses for flash and it works no problem through the browser. However still can't play through xbmc. Takes me to Amazon's page like I was shopping for something but doesn't even show me logged in.
(2014-05-09, 17:27)schissern Wrote: Hi there,

I still get the message that amazon is incompatible to my xbmc 13.0. Has anyone else the same problem yet?

I know almost nothing about addon development (but I am a dev) so I was able to update the addon.xml file in the plugin folder to the following to make it work on Gotham:

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.amazon"
       name="Amazon"
       version="0.7.2"
       provider-name="BlueCop + Romans I XVI">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
    <import addon="script.module.beautifulsoup" version="3.2.1"/>
    <import addon="script.module.demjson" version="1.4"/>
    <import addon="script.module.mechanize" version="0.2.6"/>
    <import addon="script.module.amazon.database" version="0.0.2"/>
    <import addon="plugin.program.chrome.launcher" version="1.1.1"/>
  </requires>
  <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource"
             library="default.py">
    <provides>video</provides>
  </extension>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <summary>Amazon Prime Video Streaming</summary>
    <description>Movies and Television Shows for Prime Members[CR][CR]In order to use this addon you must have Chrome Launcher installed.</description>
    <disclaimer lang="en">Some parts of this addon may not be legal in your country of residence - please check with your local laws before installing.</disclaimer>
    <language>en</language>
    <platform>all</platform>
    <license></license>
    <forum></forum>
    <website></website>
    <email></email>
    <source></source>
  </extension>
</addon> 

You must make sure that the imports are the most up to date version. The main part is change the python version from 1.0 to 2.1.0 but I updated everything just to be sure. Also, the current app (0.7.1.) refers to an amazon page which apparently doesn't exist any more. This can be found in addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/play.py:

finalUrl=url.replace("http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/","http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/streaming/mini-mode.html?ie=UTF8&asin=")

The mini-mode.html page doesn't exist or has been renamed by Amazon. So in that code you can comment out everything after "finalUrl=url" and do the same to the code a few lines below it (in other words, don't replace the real URL with the mini-mode.html URL). This will at least cause Chrome to launch with the correct product page being shown. You still have to click on Watch Now and then click on Full Screen or type "f" to watch it correctly. With some additional xdotool commands someone may be able to automate that part, although it's kludgy as hell.

If anyone knows of an alternative to the mini-mode page, I'd love to hear it. Some diligent googling returned nothing.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)5