Release - Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
deacon_hank Offline
(2014-04-09 13:43)billyx Wrote:  Unfortunatly not compatible with XBMC 13.0 "Gotham"

Running XBMC Gotham Ubuntu 14.04 w/ HAL and flash installed . Amazon Prime plugin quit working until I downgraded XBMC to Frodo...now Amazon Prime works--and all my other video plugins don't. My workaround is to upgrade to Gotham when I want to to use the other plugins and downgrade to Frodo every time I want to watch my free Prime Videos.

Just watching the Amazon in a browser won't work for me because with HAL installed the screen goes black every 10 minutes now matter what my power or DPMS settings are; using Caffeine or the sleep inhibitor power applet isn't helping.

If any know of a workaround to get Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher working in Gotham on Ubuntu 14.04 please share. I am out of ideas. Thanks for listening.
find quote
fAnTA Offline
Is this the best way to play Prime content via xbmc? Or is there a simpler addon to get?
find quote
showcasefloyd Offline
I'm sort of stumped here as well. I'm guess after reading through this forum thread I'm a bit confused.

I started with a fresh install of Frodo 12.2 (i think) yesterday and go it up in running (using an ION board with Atom processor). I then installed the BlueCop Repo and the Amazon add on. After adding my Amazon username and password it connected right away and I can browse everything just fine. But when I click on any video it begins to stream it quits and gives me an error.

So after searching XBMC forums I found this thread, but I'm not sure this will correct my issue.

Any suggestions? Is the plugin I'm using no longer supported?

SCF
find quote
majorsl Offline
A couple pages back the author noted that someone else, addonscriptorde the author of the Netflix plugin here, was possibly going to do one for Amazon. I've not seen anything since.

I don't think the BlueCop Amazon has working for a long time.

I've bought a license for PlayOn which works okay through XBMC (I use it currently for Amazon and Hulu) but does have some disadvantages. Pause is sketchy and resuming is non-existent. Playing straight through works great.

I was really hoping to see something happen. With all the streaming services, XBMC seems to be left behind.
find quote
pylor Offline
Anyone got any sort of solution for watching amazon prime on a pc using a remote control? I was hoping this would work but it looks like there's no update for gotham.

(2014-04-15 03:32)majorsl Wrote:  I've bought a license for PlayOn which works okay through XBMC (I use it currently for Amazon and Hulu) but does have some disadvantages. Pause is sketchy and resuming is non-existent. Playing straight through works great.

I've seen this suggested a lot, but I don't think I should have to pay another 40 dollars a year on top of my amazon subscription just to get some sort of desktop app for amazon instant.
find quote
majorsl Offline
Wow, they raised the price. I think I paid that for my "Lifetime" version.

I don't disagree, but until someone writes something specifically for XBMC, that's the most reliable I've found for Amazon and Hulu. I wish I could code, I'd do it.
find quote