• 10(current)
Release Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)
(2014-08-25, 21:43)lotrdev Wrote: I've gone ahead and created a repository that fixes the Amazon Prime plugin for Gotham. It also fixes the issue with mini-mode.html that's mentioned above.

You install it from my repository here.

Full disclosure, I may or may not make significant changes to the plugin, but since I use it myself I'll at least keep it working with newer releases. Anyone who has code change ideas and wants to contribute let me know. Also I'm sure the mods could tell me if a new thread should be opened for support of this fork since the original dev seems to have gone AWOL.

I am running windows 7 64 with xbmc 13.2 (chrome launcher installed) and it stills shows as "incompatible". What might I be doing wrong?
I am using Google Box M8 and cannot load Netflix or amazon prime on android platform. Please help thanks AK
ITMYWORLD18200,

What is a google box MB?
I have been using XBMC for years so I am certain I know what I am doing but this add on has earned the white flag-I have read through numerous post and I still can't seem to get it working.Yes I have followed all instructions via the romans version,the new lord repo and I understand that it all derived from others so no pun intended.My point is it used to just work and now amazon had to make it difficult.Thanks to all the developers but here is what I get with my 12.3 or 13.2 versions-"login failed"Which I know is right,the dreaded "script failed"or I don't get anything at all when I select the add on meaning the icon is there but there is no processing when hitting enter in the video add ons section.Chrome Launcher is easy and has always worked but amazon never worked for me at least.
Can someone give a step by step of the newest and most efficient way for all forum members from zip to install.I know this is hard work and your time is valuable but XBMC means a lot to all of us and you would bring joy to the masses haha but seriously please help.FYI I am currently using Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks and I can take or leave click click the cursor doesn't bother me.Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.Thanks
(2014-09-18, 16:38)doktourtv Wrote:
(2014-08-25, 21:43)lotrdev Wrote: I've gone ahead and created a repository that fixes the Amazon Prime plugin for Gotham. It also fixes the issue with mini-mode.html that's mentioned above.

Full disclosure, I may or may not make significant changes to the plugin, but since I use it myself I'll at least keep it working with newer releases. Anyone who has code change ideas and wants to contribute let me know. Also I'm sure the mods could tell me if a new thread should be opened for support of this fork since the original dev seems to have gone AWOL.

I am running windows 7 64 with xbmc 13.2 (chrome launcher installed) and it stills shows as "incompatible". What might I be doing wrong?

Same error here, is anyone working on the Amazon addon at all? Seems pretty dead tbh
I'm a bit busy this week with work, but I'll see if I can put together a step by step for how to install the plugin in the near future.

"Official" development on the plugin has apparently stalled so I picked it up just to get it working on Gotham. It looks like heuki is going to help out with some development and we'll see if we can get some features added. Unfortunately this was a poorly documented plugin and it's also making use of Amazon features that are poorly documented as well and may change at any time. I wouldn't expect any fantastic new features anytime soon, but hopefully we can get the plugin to work for everyone at least.
As a gentle reminder you can always spend $50 and buy a used roku or used older iPhone to play amazon prime instant video. At least until this patch gets done. But no one wants to spend money. Equates to five hours of time dealing with this hassle earning that money.

Let's hope this developer continues the effort for XBMC.
Sorry everyone for not actively maintaining this. A long while ago I talked to addonscriptorde and he had plans to completely start from fresh to create a amazon prime add-on similar to his Netflixbmc add-on. There are many many functions broken with this add-on. And I myself was not able to get them working properly. Honestly bluecop did some crazy good scripting when he made this originally and as others said. The functions with both the add-on and Amazon's website are all undocumented.

I personally am holding out for better solutions, XBMC can't handle DRM and DRM is being implemented more and more. I'm hoping for either DRM to go bye bye ( will be a while ) or for steam to get some streaming media "apps" .

All that being said. If I get some free time I will certainly have a look at the add-on. If lotrdev has a repo with a working version I am fine with that. I'm probably too inactive to be the one hosting the repo. But we do need to consolidate and have just one repo that is maintained so it doesn't get confusing.

Again sorry for the long absence but I will look in to some of the issues. Thanks.
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Is it possible to change from amazon.com to amazon.de to enjoy german amazon instant video? the addon works fine so far, but it's the wrong amazon page for me Smile

Thanks for doing this. I installed the repository and, for browsing, it appears to work fine in Gotham running on Mint 17.

I currently don't subscribe to Amazon Prime but I have considered it. I looked through the list of TV shows, via the add-on, and I couldn't find any of the titles I was interested in. Then I looked on amazon.co.uk and there were some listed, that I didn't find via the add-on, albeit only the first series - so not really a lot of use - no point in getting to the end of a series then it all stops.
It struck me that Amazon probably have different videos available according to country. So, assuming this is correct, is it possible to get the add-on to scrape amazon.co.uk ? I did notice that some of the config/XML files were amazon.de - so I'm a bit confused as to what files would need to be modified.
buddybubble- works great, thanks for posting the fix. I'm a noob, so this question may be stupid- but is there a way to see only the Prime movies?
I tried this and it seems to work as far as the listings and launching Chrome goes.

However, when launching the page containing the video, it doesn't autoplay the video. It just goes to the section where it prompts you with the webpage and "Episode 7: Watch Now" button that you must click. Is this normal behavior?
Both LOTRDEV and Roman's apps are incompatable on my system it seems. Anyone know why this would be?
well great that you combined some tools together and I can´t awate to use it.....unfortunatelly I got an error message during the setup of the amazon plugin "Amazon Datenbank, Installation fehlgeschlagen" which means the installation of an amazon database has failed Angel

Some tipps for me?

regards Wapiya
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)5