Live TV not working on Rpi
I have exhausted myself reading and trying to figure this out.

Everything was working fine until I got back from vacation. I dont know if the pi updated itself, but now I cant watch live TV.

Here is a log. last part of it is me trying to open a stream on the pi. My server machine works fine.

http://pastebin.com/ixpjLYxS

Im sorry if my post is vague. Ive been up almost 24 hours. The past ~4 of which have been dealing with this.
From the log it looks like an issue with the RPi being unable to access the share smb://HTPC:*****@ABEARHTPC2-PC/Recorded TV/TempXBMC/LiveTV_192.168.1.13_Digital Cable_4_2014_01_04_00_25_55.ts

Is the RPi able to resolve this computer name ABEARHTPC2-PC ? Try to ping it for example

Is the "Recorded TV" folder shared correctly, with the "HTPC" user granted access?

Has the password for the HTPC user expired or changed? Check the user account in windows and perhaps change the password then enter the new password in serverWMC settings

Also, another problem that is happening is that you're getting some really funky streams in some of these shows. This is causing the remuxer to fail on those shows. Any chance you can upload a WTV file that has these weird streams in it?

2014/01/04 01:23:39.970 Remux::FindDescriptors> wtv scanned (3.78 sec), Streams found:
2014/01/04 01:23:39.970 > Other: ID:82 MS TV Caption
2014/01/04 01:23:39.970 > Video: ID:83 Unknown
2014/01/04 01:23:39.970 > Audio: ID:84 (~šÚ) AC3
2014/01/04 01:23:39.970 > Audio: ID:85 (ȉ4F) AC3
2014/01/04 01:23:39.970 > Audio: ID:86 (eng) AC3 2.0 48000 Hz 192 kb/s
2014/01/04 01:23:39.970 > Audio: ID:87 (spa) AC3 2.0 48000 Hz 192 kb/s
2014/01/04 01:23:39.970 > Video: ID:88 MPEG-2 MP-ML 544x480i fps: 30000/1001 AR: 4:3

Once youve grabbed a WTV file with this problem, for our analysis, you can set ServerWMC to only look for the "eng" audio stream to stop this error from occuring. You could also try rebooting things, to see if the weird streams persist over reboots or if they are somehow caused by the remuxer after it has been running/processing multiple channels for a while etc.

But even if you fix this stream problem, it looks like the RPI still wont work until it can access that share properly

Also, time sync between the RPI and the HTPC could be something to check... sometimes things dont work happily if the 2 devices dont have their clocks reasonably synchronised
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Alright, I tried a couple of the things you said.

First, I changed the name of my server computer itself from ABEARHTPC2-PC to just ABEARHTPC, then adjusted the network path accordingly and restarted the computer. Then I rebooted the Pi, and tried again. Same issue, except now in the server log the issue with the streams has gone away. Im not sure what was causing that, but the restart fixed it like you thought.

I dont understand what happened. Everything was working fine before I left, and I didnt even have credentials set up at the time. All I had done was just shared with everyone. I come back and the background on the Pi is different and it wont play live tv. I thought to myself, maybe it updated and I need to set the credentials. So I did all that. Created a new user in windows, set password, went back to folders and set credentials there and restarted both computer and Pi. Then I went to the Pi and entered the HTPC and password in file manager>add source>browse>source.

I also made sure both clock were set correctly, and they were. I logged in to the pi with SSH and it gave correct time and date.

I dont know if Im missing a step or what, but it is still not working. The thing is, everything else I have shared on my server computer(music, tv shows, movies) play fine on the Pi.

Thank you for your help scarecrow. Im almost to the point of just reformatting both the pi and my computer just to see what happens.
Ok, I have no idea what caused the fix, but here is what I did.

I looked at my network places in windows(just network in windows 7) and the pi wasnt showing there on my server machine. So Ive been using my laptop to ssh in to the pi and decided to check its network, sure enough the pi was there. So I started wondering why the pi wasnt showing on my server. I decided to check my router, so I logged in, and once there, it was still showing my server as ABEARHTPC2-PC, so I restarted the router. That did nothing, but then the router popped up telling me there was an update. So I did that and it now shows it as just ABEARHTPC. Everything works now.

I also went back to using no credentials and it works fine. I really have no clue what happened. Before I left for vacation I shut everything down but the pi(looking back I should have turned it off), once I got home I booted everything up and you know the rest of the story.

Thank you again for taking the time to help scarecrow. I guess it was just my equipment playing tricks on me.
I find that it is better NOT to use the computer names, but to assign a static IP address to the computer and use that Static IP address instead of the computer names.

Losing name resolution seems to be a common problem with CIFA/SAMBA, especially when you go rebooting all of your computers..

You can change from the computer name to the IP address used in the WMC Server App, and then this will never happen again..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV not working on Rpi0