Intel DH87RL - Using CIR
Hi there,

I am trying to set up an Intel DH87RL using the CIR; it turns out this board uses a 'newer' nuvoton chipset to the NUCs and as such I am having a lot of trouble getting the IR to work with Openelec.

Hardware: Intel DH87RL with Intel I3. Inteset IR receiver.

Note - I have verified that the IR receiver works as I can wake from sleep with it.

The approach for the NUC (which also didn't work out of the box) was to use modprobe as follows:

modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
echo "auto" > "/sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530:00/physical_node/resources"
modprobe nuvoton-cir

This motherboard presents a NTN0533 as seen in dmesg: [ 0.507776] pnp 00:09: Plug and Play ACPI device, IDs NTN0533 (active)
Amending the NUC command to use NTN0533 doesn't solve the problem, basically the nuvoton-cir driver doesn't list this as a device this supports.

I have googled and cannot seem to find a linux driver for this NTN0533..

As expected no response from IRW etc.

Any tips?
Having the same issues. Windows driver works as intended. Maybe someone smart might provide a solution. I would be happy to test.
So my only workaround is to use both the CIR and a USB receiver in parallel:

The CIR allows power on from full shutdown (always works).

The USB receiver then allows control of XBMC

While this 'works' I still don't like not being able to use the CIR for its full intended purpose.

Any tips on how to get a driver to support this device (refer my first post) would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
I tried the experimental Linux driver found here https://github.com/groeck/nct6683/ but unfortunately with no avail, maybe you can try out and see if it works out for you and report back?
Small Update: this driver posted above can't work for the purposes here, the author told me it is just meant to implement the sensor functions of the nuvoton eSIO chip, not the CIR functionality Sad
(2014-01-13, 19:14)sectune Wrote: I tried the experimental Linux driver found here https://github.com/groeck/nct6683/ but unfortunately with no avail, maybe you can try out and see if it works out for you and report back?

That won't work.

Someone could try to build and test a kernel with the following patch:

diff --git a/drivers/media/rc/nuvoton-cir.c b/drivers/media/rc/nuvoton-cir.c
index 21ee0dc..18f1867 100644
--- a/drivers/media/rc/nuvoton-cir.c
+++ b/drivers/media/rc/nuvoton-cir.c
@@ -1205,6 +1205,7 @@ static void nvt_shutdown(struct pnp_dev *pdev)
static const struct pnp_device_id nvt_ids[] = {
{ "WEC0530", 0 }, /* CIR */
{ "NTN0530", 0 }, /* CIR for new chip's pnp id*/
+ { "NTN0533", 0 }, /* CIR for NCT6683 */
{ "", 0 },
};

Don't expect too much, though. I suspect the driver will require additional changes. Core functionality seems to be the same as with older chips, but wakeup is all different.

Contact me through github if needed through above link.

G.
Hey,

just tried to compile openelec with the lines above from groeck. (Just made a file of your post above and put to the patch folder.)

Got this error:

Code:
APPLY PATCH (common)   /home/chris/OpenELEC.tv/packages/linux/patches/linux-010_cir_header.patch
patching file drivers/media/rc/nuvoton-cir.c
patch: **** malformed patch at line 6: static const struct pnp_device_id nvt_ids[] = {

make: *** [release] Fehler 2

Since I´m not a pro, probably a minor typo, which i don´t get.

Chris
(2014-01-16, 17:04)Duefi Wrote: Hey,

just tried to compile openelec with the lines above from groeck. (Just made a file of your post above and put to the patch folder.)

Got this error:

Code:
APPLY PATCH (common)   /home/chris/OpenELEC.tv/packages/linux/patches/linux-010_cir_header.patch
patching file drivers/media/rc/nuvoton-cir.c
patch: **** malformed patch at line 6: static const struct pnp_device_id nvt_ids[] = {

make: *** [release] Fehler 2

Since I´m not a pro, probably a minor typo, which i don´t get.

Chris

Hi Chris (and others),

cut-and-paste won't work as it introduces whitespace errors, and the patch program can not handle that.
No idea if/how I can submit attachments with a proper patch file here - if yes, please let me know how it works
and I'll try to submit one.

Guenter
In the old DH77EB you have to install once Windows with CIR Driver to make it work.
Have somebody tried this with this Board?
| myHTPC |
Still no solution here for this Issue?
| myHTPC |
hi
I'm new guy here, I have same motherboard Intel DH87RL which have a bios problem, After bios update flash to latest available on intel website, I got the beeps on restart. 3 beeps. Have tried everything, every ram combo. Taken out battery and power, tried again.
I'm thinking Is there anyone can use the universal bios tool backup the file from your working DH87RL so I can have try to solve this problem.

Thank you
Do you tried this?
https://communities.intel.com/message/214268#214268
| myHTPC |
I've tried everything but use Flash Programmer, so if you can help me to backup your bios, I really appreciate your help

Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...up-Toolkit
I don't have a DH87RL in my Setup, sorry.
Don't you have a Warranty to replace yours?
| myHTPC |
Hi, everyone!
I found code, that works with my DH87RL.
Actually, I found this by accident, so may be it help someone:
https://github.com/bjoern-r/nuvoton-cir-6683B-dkms

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel DH87RL - Using CIR1