Skinning on Ouya
Want to make a couple menu changes to default Confluence skin. First could not locate install folder containing Confluence skin as its not in default location of other installed skins ex...sdcard/.....xbmc..., etc. So I took apk of same installed version, extracted confluence skin, edited addon.xml only to change name and version number and folder name....etc, then ftp'd over. XBMC sees skin, installs skin, but home menu has no text. I located the ttf files in the apk confluence calls for and placed them in skin folder as well to no avail. Has to be something stupid I am overlooking. Any ideas?
Also loved the Hybrid and Aeon Nox skins which allow me to make the changes I want, but they both intermittently crash on the Ouya. Confluence is rock solid. I have concluded it must be a plugin associated, as memory is not the issue. Showing average 50-60% memory free on both skins with all features and libraries turned on.

BTW using nightly xbmc-20131228-a59f822-master-armeabi-v7a.... but crashing is reproducable on Frodo versions including Ouya store version as well.
Do you have a language folder in your modified skin.confluence folder containing a whole bunch of languages?
Also: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master...confluence
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
you need to copy the FULL skin not parts of it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I copied over the whole folder. To note the settings menu and all still showed the text after switching to the new skin just when I backed out to the home screen there was no text on the menu bar.
I will try to take skin from that link and give it another go. I do remember trying both ways with languages...all of them and just only with English US and removed references to the other languages from addon.xml

Thanks in advance
Got it to work...sorta....lol
Had to install as a zip file from a share.

One stupid question as wiki is vague and example does not follow suit enough to work....
I have a share of 6 Drives for my TV shows I access under Files, TV Shows...not in library mode.
I am trying to get another main menu button to directly access it. 2 issues....Button shows up not in full caps regardless of my button name, and I have tried Videos,Files,TV Shows.....and Files,Videos,TV Shows...neither work. Just dumps me to same subdirectory as clicking on videos does.

ie...
<item id="19">
<label>TV SHOWS</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,TV Shows)</onclick>
<icon>-</icon>
<thumb>-</thumb>
</item>
Have you done this yet:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129094
The label on the right shows you where you are.

For the font, you might have be using a lowercase only font. You can also try:
<label>[UPPERCASE]tv shows[/UPPERCASE]</label>
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Actually got it working. Had to add the source I wanted to place on the home menu to favorites then copy paste favorites location into home.xml.

I did notice using confluence skin from yesterdays github was very laggy compared to using the one I extracted from 12-28 nightly.

Thanks all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skinning on Ouya0