• 4(current)
"Music Party Mode", Jukebox feature!
the rewrite is nearly ready to be commited but i need some one with the very latest cvs to verify something for me. i added a playlist track naming template so that you can use a different template for the now playing window. now, after resyncing all my changes and doing some more testing with files view (which i/m not 100% i tested in the past), i've noticed that songs from files view are lacking thumbs in the now playing window (with or without party mode enabled.) songs from library view are fine. i'm not sure if this is due to the massive changes i've made, or something else.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sorry to say, but it's your fault Smile

works fine here cvs updated as of 10 mins ago.
sorry to say, it's not :p

it's my fault. Confusedleep: will fix it asap.

edit: fixed

greets

bobbin007

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

thanks guys. i was really confused by what i might've changed which broke that. i'll sync up a bit later and should be able to commit the updated party mode in a day or two.

** edit **
i had a question... there's a generic mymusic window (id 5) which normally opens files or library (depending on what was the last view). when party mode is enabled, do you think it should open the now playing window directly or have it continue what it does and you have to use the context menu or keymap to get there? (regarding the context menu, if party mode is enabled, i have the now playing option at the very top of the list.)

i say keep it as it is / normal operation.
bobbin, i'm still not getting thumbs for items added from files view with or without party mode enabled. all items added from library view which have associated thumbs are fine.
fixed now, hopefully. there are times everything one does is faulty. Confused

greets

bobbin007

lol. i know what you mean... i just fixed it locally in my sources. setthumbs had to be changed to setmusicthumbs. but, something is still not right. i noticed that whenever update is called, all non-music db items need to be refreshed. i havent looked yet but i think something may have changed in the background loader. it could be a simple as "loaded" is not being set, so it keeps having to refresh.
the new party mode code was just committed to cvs. please test it out, and start posting bugs. new features:

- play on a folder queues up all the items at the top of the playlist and starts playing.

- queue on a folder queues up all the items beneath the current song or the last user queued song.

- there's a limited song history for the last 25 randomly picked songs. this needs more work and tuning but its a start.

i've been testing this for quite some time now. its working as well, if not better, than the previous code. and i double checked that playing a video (either mplayer or dvdplayer) explicitly disables party mode.
you sure you comitted it ? else cvs ml is acting up

cvs mail is not updating... has not for over a week... but the updates do still work. go 'pike' kick some lazy sourceforge butt 'they suk' big time!

might be related to this site status?

( 2006-03-01 07:34:37 - project cvs service ) as of 2006-03-01 cvs tarballs are out of date for projects beginning with: e i j o v w x

deanrparry, no actually in this case it was something like "mails over 40kb in size doesnt get sent out" :p

kraqhed, excellent job! couple of points

* when tune changes there's a slight delay
* would it be possible to get some indication of how many unlistened (this session) tracks are left ? or there's no such massive history function so we can tell ?

keep up the good work! l8rs

its working great man, thanks a lot.

ps: maybe i am a little anoying, but il still like a autolaunch feature at boot (option)? when its possible to add this to autoexec.py, can you tell me howto?

sollie.
i fail to see why it wouldn't just be a execbultin xbmc.playdvd in autoexec.py
@pike
Quote:* when tune changes there's a slight delay
really? the next song should start playing straight away. there is a delay in the gui, however, as the manager does its thing. on a song transition, it slides the list up, ensures the playing song is at the top, and then adds the necessary number of random songs to meet the minimum queue depth of 10 songs.
but, all that delay was there before. i think the only way to fix this is to threadify the manager, but i freely admit i have no idea how to do that. but, this is one of the reasons why i externalized the manager. it makes it easier to threadify it later.

Quote:* would it be possible to get some indication of how many unlistened (this session) tracks are left ? or there's no such massive history function so we can tell ?
i'm not sure what you're asking for but it sounds like you're looking for a new info label to provide some status.

the size of the current playlist is already available as an info label. but the number of unplayed songs is that minus one. a partymode.unplayed info label could be created which returns that (and "" if party mode is not enabled.)

now, if you're asking about something which reports how many possible songs are left in the database to choose from, thats simply the size of the database minus the size of the current history. that could be partymode.possiblesongs or something.

if you're looking for someting completely different, then please elaborate. any number of new info labels can be added. i did see any being needed because the existing playlist ones still apply. if you just let party mode run on its own, and you're in the vis, you should almost always see 1/10 in the corner.

@sollie
Quote:ps: maybe i am a little anoying, but il still like a autolaunch feature at boot (option)? when its possible to add this to autoexec.py, can you tell me howto?
its not possible yet but i was planning on using a builtin function which toggles partymode on and off (like the builtin function which toggles the dvd tray.) i cant think of any reason for two seperate builtins.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Music Party Mode", Jukebox feature!0