home screen images with visualisation set to none.
along time ago when things last changed significantly with the skinning engine i posted this question http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....ajortom

as you can see charly answered my question since which i have always altered the home.xml file when i compile a new build using !player.hasmedia | [!player.hasvideo + !visualisation.enabled]

i've just compiled a new build and see that the home.xml has changed. could someone more knowledgeable than i please tell me what i should but now so i can still see images on the home screen with visualisation set to none. the empty black space is scary!

thanks very much.

you just want them hidden on video playback, or would you like them to also hide when visualisation is enabled?

if you just want them hidden on video playback, then you need:

<visible>!player.hasvideo</visible>

note that you'll also need the suitable controlgroup(i).hasfocus(j) command - see the pm3 home page if that's the one you are altering.

if you want then also hidden when visualisation is enabled, then use

<visible>!player.hasvideo + ![player.hasaudio + visualisation.enabled]</visible>

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks for replying jonathan... just so i've got this straight... if i open the home.xml from the pal folder in pmiii do i change

<control>
     <type>multiimage</type>
     <id>0</id>
     <posx>182</posx>
     <posy>105</posy>
     <width>538</width>
     <height>362</height>
     <imagepath>4x3home-myprograms</imagepath>
     <timeperimage>5000</timeperimage>
     <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
     <visible>!player.hasmedia + controlgroup(1).hasfocus(2)</visible>
     <animation effect="fade" time="200">visiblechange</animation>
   </control>

into...

<control>
     <type>multiimage</type>
     <id>0</id>
     <posx>182</posx>
     <posy>105</posy>
     <width>538</width>
     <height>362</height>
     <imagepath>4x3home-myprograms</imagepath>
     <timeperimage>5000</timeperimage>
     <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
     <visible>!player.hasvideo + ![player.hasaudio + visualisation.enabled] + controlgroup(1).hasfocus(2)</visible>
     <animation effect="fade" time="200">visiblechange</animation>
   </control>

if i want images hidden only when playing video or visualisation is on ?

thanks again.

never mind... sorted now..... thanks again jonathan

p.s. is there any reason this couldn't be set in cvs? there must be other people who don't use visualitions when playing music and would still like to see images when navigating the home screen..... just i thought. i quite happy altering it myself now i know how... ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
home screen images with visualisation set to none.0