mythtv backend working but no picture in live tv plugin
hi there.

i have been setting up my system to capture my basic cable using hvr-950q

so far i have gotten the backend set up using schedules direct and vl4 driver. everything looks ok.

when i enter livetv on xbmc (frodo) everything works. right down to connecting to the channel. i get a buffer but when it starts playing there is just a blank screen.

i can see and hear tv in tvtime fine.

i have installed the hvr-950q firmware in /lib/firmware but i noticed i had to reinstall it there after a recent restart. im not sure if this means anything or not as i still have the same problem in xbmc.

here is a screenshot
Image[/img]

i have debugging enabled but the path shown on the screenshot doesnt seem to be there. there is however this soooo i am assuming this is the correct log file
<iframe src="http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=NW1mutrL" style="border:none;width:100%"></iframe>
Take your log and put it on pastebin.

Diagnosis step 1. Does mythfrontend work?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thnaks for your reply.

No mythTV front end is not working.
I select "watch TV" and it goes to the start screen ( the old movie target thnig) and with in about 2 seconds kicks me out and back to the main menu.

I have installed xawtv so I could see the output while I was trying to initialize viewing.
here is the output Sad sorry I can't seem to see were to find pastebin , I found a website but I can't input the ifram or java script to the post. It just shows the raw link code. feel free to point me in the right direction Smile)

ryan@ryan-Aspire-X1420:~$ xawtv
This is xawtv-3.102, running on Linux/x86_64 (3.8.0-35-generic)
xinerama 0: 1600x900+0+0
vid-open-auto: using analog TV device /dev/video0
Alsa devices: cap: hw:1,0 (/dev/video0), out: default
alsa: Cannot open capture device hw:1,0: Device or resource busy
alsa: stream stopped
libv4l2: error turning on stream: Device or resource busy
v4l2: ioctl(fildes = 5 "/dev/video0", request = VIDIOC_STREAMON, int *data = { V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_CAPTURE }) failed, Device or resource busy (16, EBUSY) because the usb video4linux character special device is in use by another process or by the system and this prevents the ioctl VIDIOC_STREAMON system call from operating
v4l2: ioctl(fildes = 5 "/dev/video0", request = VIDIOC_REQBUFS, struct v4l2_requestbuffers *data = { count = 2, type = V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_CAPTURE, memory = V4L2_MEMORY_MMAP }) failed, Device or resource busy (16, EBUSY) because the usb video4linux character special device is in use by another process or by the system and this prevents the ioctl VIDIOC_REQBUFS system call from operating
v4l2: ioctl(fildes = 5 "/dev/video0", request = VIDIOC_QBUF, struct v4l2_buffer *data = { index = 0, type = V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_CAPTURE, bytesused = 0, flags = 0, field = V4L2_FIELD_ANY, timestamp = { 0 seconds }, timecode = { type = 0, flags = 0, frames = 0, seconds = 0, minutes = 0, hours = 0 }, sequence = 0, memory = V4L2_MEMORY_MMAP, m.offset = 2882400000, length = 16777216, input = 0 }) failed, Invalid argument (22, EINVAL) because the frame buffer is already in use
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument
v4l2: ioctl(fildes = 5 "/dev/video0", request = VIDIOC_DQBUF, struct v4l2_buffer *data = { index = 0, type = V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_CAPTURE, memory = V4L2_MEMORY_MMAP }) failed, Invalid argument (22, EINVAL) because ioctl request or ioctl data is not valid
Where in this day and age are you getting analogue cable?

Possibly xawtv is not working because mythtbackend has the tuner locked?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
thanks for your help.

I narrowed it down to a problem with the client I was using.

I reconfigured mysql then changed the myth plugin in xbmc to use the actual ip address of the machine....bam...it worked! but my remote machine upstairs still would't connect. I am using a PIVOS with linux intead of android so i figured maybe it had some sort of issue.
i switched it out to my HTPC that I was originally using anyways and BAM! again...it works like a charm. thanks for your help.

sorry to hijack y own thread but althought it is working i now have another slightly annoying problem.

there is a signifigant pixelization and audio spikehappening.i have boosted the signal justencase figuring it ws a good ide anyways, but no improvement.

i opened mythtv front end and everythhing i great in there no pixelization or audio spikes.

i have also enabled frame sync in xbmc playback as suggested somewhere in google Wink. but no improvement

any ideas were to go from here? or is it a known problem with the plugin?
I suspect you have reception problems, which creates errors in the saved mpeg file.

Different players will react in different ways to the file errors.

If you have access to mythfrontend and it works better, just use it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mythtv backend working but no picture in live tv plugin0