Which PVR backend is the fastest for channel switching?
(2014-01-08, 21:06)negge Wrote: @jiggsaw: like he said, only tvheadend, VDR and some time in the future MythTV has an internal demuxer. You can get decent channel switch times on a Pivos if you use one of those backends.

Even if I'm not using one the his xbmc builds?
Will your channel switching improvements affect the dvblink backend?
Did anyone actually read what margro said? There are two types of PVR backends - those with their own demuxer (these are usually fast) and those without one. The ones that have their own demuxer are at the moment tvheadend and VDR. Margro's builds apply to those that don't, ie. all addons except tvheadend and VDR.
I really don't think you understand what I'm asking. His builds apply to the backends that don't have their own internal demuxer. I understand that. What I'm asking is since I use a Pivos Xios (since I don't know if I can use one of his builds on it), will I be stuck with slow channel switching?

My other box is a HTPC running Win 7, so obviously I know I can use one of his builds on that. Which I will then benefit from the faster channel switching. The problem is that is where the PVR backend will be also, so it affects the Pivos. Which is why I was looking for a windows solution for fast channel switching. I hope that makes sense.
(2014-01-09, 02:38)jiggsaw Wrote: What I'm asking is since I use a Pivos Xios (since I don't know if I can use one of his builds on it), will I be stuck with slow channel switching?

Keep in mind there is a front end and a back end. Margro's fix is supplied to the front end (xbmc) on account of the back end not having internal demuxing (your Windows based pvr software).

From what I've seen, all of margro's builds are Windows builds of xbmc. What you're looking for (as am I) is a Linux build including margro's fix.

I asked about such a Linux build yesterday on the media portal subforum here, as yet have no answer: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1594206

(Of course, if you're running android on your pivos then you would need an android build with margro's fix)
There is a PR on Github that includes margro's changes, you should be able to get Linux builds from the build bot. Perhaps some member of the team could trigger a new build since the last build is probably a month old by now.
(2014-01-09, 14:28)negge Wrote: There is a PR on Github that includes margro's changes, you should be able to get Linux builds from the build bot. Perhaps some member of the team could trigger a new build since the last build is probably a month old by now.

Cool, learning more and more about XBMC and am really loving it. So Jenkins is the buildbot correct?
Is there a way to search for which builds include particular PR's?

My understanding is that PR 3590 is the one we want.

If a member of the build team could trigger a gotham alpha build for Linux (and/or RPi) including PR 3590 I would be most appreciative!!
RPi builds are not done through the standard XBMC.org build process - you should be able to find information on OpenElec or Raspbmc testbulds for the Pi from the respective testbuild threads on the Raspberry Pi sub-furum.
(2014-01-09, 14:05)bdp02 Wrote:
(2014-01-09, 02:38)jiggsaw Wrote: What I'm asking is since I use a Pivos Xios (since I don't know if I can use one of his builds on it), will I be stuck with slow channel switching?

Keep in mind there is a front end and a back end. Margro's fix is supplied to the front end (xbmc) on account of the back end not having internal demuxing (your Windows based pvr software).

From what I've seen, all of margro's builds are Windows builds of xbmc. What you're looking for (as am I) is a Linux build including margro's fix.

I asked about such a Linux build yesterday on the media portal subforum here, as yet have no answer: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1594206

(Of course, if you're running android on your pivos then you would need an android build with margro's fix)

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. So I guess we're just in a holding pattern. I have a 360 sitting next to the Pivos. So I can use WMC extended to the 360 instead of the Pivos for the channel switching if it's too slow for me. I just haven't had time to setup my hdhomerun yet.
(2014-01-09, 17:39)mayoman Wrote: RPi builds are not done through the standard XBMC.org build process - you should be able to find information on OpenElec or Raspbmc testbulds for the Pi from the respective testbuild threads on the Raspberry Pi sub-furum.

thanks...
(2014-01-06, 17:16)negge Wrote: AFAIK all Windows backends are painfully slow. Any reason you have to use Windows?

I use DVBLink and WMC, I have 1-2 sec with decrypted T2 HD channels on a Digital Devices card. Is this painfully slow for you?
(2015-03-10, 11:43)Videonisse Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 17:16)negge Wrote: AFAIK all Windows backends are painfully slow. Any reason you have to use Windows?

I use DVBLink and WMC, I have 1-2 sec with decrypted T2 HD channels on a Digital Devices card. Is this painfully slow for you?

Woah - necro post!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which PVR backend is the fastest for channel switching?0