Clearing a Clients Stream
So tonight while watching the NFL Playoff games (Thats American Football for you non-americans) I was watching the end of the first game (colts vs chiefs) and continued the stream into the next game (eagles vs. saints) which was taking place on the same channel in the next time slot. I was watching the game on my apple macbook running a Margo quick channel change frodo 12.3 build. I tuned into the game on my desktop PC which is running the cable card and watched the game on my TV. I watched the game on my TV for 20 - 30 mins. I went into the kitchen to make dinner and brought my laptop to watch the game. When I opened my computer and tuned to the channel of the game it was showing me the previous game with 7 minutes left in that game. This game that I was getting ended over 30 minutes ago and it was not a replay. I was able to spend 5 minutes of fast forwarding to get to the current LIVE point in the stream to view the on going game. I finished cooking closed out of xbmc and closed my laptop and began watching on my TV again. Now I'm in bed and the game is still going on so I opened up my computer and tuned to the channel and again its showing the previous game (Colts vs Chiefs) with 7 minutes left in that game when its currently half time in the next game (Eagles vs Saints).

My question is how can I clear out the stream buffer for my laptop pvr client so that it gets reset and begins to display whats actually being broadcasted right now. I'm only having this problem for one channel right now and its the HD channel for NBC. My desktop is displaying the channel just fine and I have been able to tune to the standard def channel on the laptop just fine. I've actually tuned to a bunch of other channels without problems but when I tune back to the HD NBC channel to watch the game on my laptop its showing me the previous game on the channel not the current game.

Also is there a button in XBMC that will take me directly to the LIVE point in the stream. My parent's have Verizon FIOS and on there remote there is a LIVE TV button which will timeshift forward to the live/current/real-time point in the TV broadcast stream.
I have the same question. I will watch channel 123 on tv1 then walk to another room and turn on channel 123 on tv2 and it starts way back. I think it starts at the beginning of the stream file. Be great for it to start at the"live"point in the stream and allow both clients to rewind.

I know there was a change that made each stream file per channel as opposed to per client to reduce the tuner usage.
@Talguy, I salute you for a great test, thanks for posting it. To 'clear' a stream you should only have to stop it. When you made the switch to the kitchen, did you leave the stream running on the TV or stop it? If you stopped it, the stream should have been cleared.

We did make a first attempt at having a channel running and then starting a second view of the same channel on another system - and having the second system start at the current time. But it seems to be failing in some cases as g.goop points out. We will have to revisit it and work out the kinks.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Let me know what logs I can produce to help krusty. I'm running openelec 3.2.4, my clients (3) are all 1014, and server 1.0.0.20 on win7 ult x64.
This particular functionality involves backend and frontend activities, so both the ServerWMC log and the XBMC log will be helpful.

My testing of this works OK (2nd client viewing a channel accesses the existing TS file but skips ahead to the current position of the file when playback starts). I did my testing on Gotham mostly though

For the ServerWMC log please enable "LogReplyMessages" in the config file (%ProgramData%\VDSoftware\ServerWMC\config.xml) and restart ServerWMC. This is so we can see the file position that is sent to the 2nd client for it to skip ahead to. And then the 2nd client's xbmc.log will tell us about it trying to skip forward to that file position

Also confirm you are running the latest server and client versions on all machines?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-01-05, 23:38)krustyreturns Wrote: @Talguy, I salute you for a great test, thanks for posting it. To 'clear' a stream you should only have to stop it. When you made the switch to the kitchen, did you leave the stream running on the TV or stop it? If you stopped it, the stream should have been cleared.

We did make a first attempt at having a channel running and then starting a second view of the same channel on another system - and having the second system start at the current time. But it seems to be failing in some cases as g.goop points out. We will have to revisit it and work out the kinks.

I did not stop my stream on the living room TV when I moved to another client. The reason being I had guest over that were continuing to watch the Game on my living room TV while I also watched it on another client in the Kitchen.

My TV Server/Living Room HTPC is Windows 7 Ult x64 running a Margo fast channel zapping 12.3 build running the ServerWMC version 1.0.0.20 build 1101. My network client is a Macbook Pro 13" OS X 10.8 running the official 12.3 Frodo build and the
Your last paragraph seems cutoff! Ive been waiting to see what the rest of it is, but it's been 14 minutes now so perhaps you arent going to come and update it :p

Since you mentioned you are on OSX, just make sure you are on the latest client build, I do know it was some weeks before the OSX build was updated on the download page, originally only the windows builds for 0.1.92 was available
Haha. Meant to say I'm running the WMC PVR add on. I'll have to check all my desktop and laptop for the correct add on version but I think they're both 0.1.91
Need to be on 0.1.92 in order for the 2nd client to "skip" up to the current live point in the existing TS file
Yea checked my laptop last night and it was definitely running the 0.1.91 pluging. I updated it to the 0.1.92 plugin. I'll give it a test run tonight to see if I'm getting the same problem. I'll post this in the feature request thread but I'm also going to mention it again here. It would be awesome if we could get a button implemented that'll take us from anywhere in the timeshift buffer straight to the live point in the stream instead of hitting small skip or skip buttons to jump forward in the stream.
I'm running 0.1.91 and I can reproduce easily. i stayed on 91 because it was working so well and the change log didn't seem note anything that i was interested in. I will test the behavior with 0.1.92.
Yes I just had a look at the changelog and it looks like we missed adding the "2nd client jumps to current live point in existing stream" item from the client changelog for 0.1.92 and 0.2.92. This fix is mentioned in the server changelog but not the client, but nevertheless you do need that latest client in order to perform the "skip" action when the new server version sends the file position to skip to Smile
Ok. So tested. I upgraded both clients to 1.92. I ran sponge Bob. Started another 92 client and went to the same channel. It began at the beginning. Server is 20.
OK... Can you please turn on the LogReplies option in the serverWMC config file, restart serverWMC and reproduce the problem, then upload the ServerWMC log file and the XBMC log file from the 2nd client to pastebin?

Thanks
I just tested this again myself and things worked fine

Main HTPC (WIndows 8.1, running ServerWMC and XBMC 12.2 pvr.wmc 0.1.92)
- Started watching a channel

Waited 10 minutes

HTPC2 (Windows 7, XBMC 12.2, pvr.wmc 0.1.92)
- Watched the same channel and it began from the current live point, not the beginning of the stream

Waited 5 minutes

HTC One (Android 4.3, XBMC 13 Gotham nightly from late December with pvr.wmc 0.2.92 arm architecture compiled by me and posted in this thread earlier)
- Watched the same channel and it also began from the current live point

So that's a local client plus 2 remote clients (covering Frodo 12.2 and Gotham nightlies) all watching the same channel simultaneously at the same point

I should also mention, I reviewed the server log to make sure it only had the one stream/file going, which it did

I will try and update to Frodo 12.3 release at some stage and test on that as well, but so far things are working OK on this end at least. Will need to see your logs to see if we can figure out why it isnt working for you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clearing a Clients Stream0