Pivos XIOS M3 and MythTV 0.27 backend
Does anyone have the cmyth MythTV PVR frontend working well with the the Pivos XIOS and a MythTV 0.27 backend?

I have tried the following (all on Android, have not tried the Pivos Linux builds...does Gotham work with Pivos XBMC Linux?):
  • Using the official Pivos Frodo version of XBMC: the cmyth add-on for Frodo only supports up to MythTV version 0.26, no go for 0.27
  • Tried a couple of the recent monthly Gotham releases: they either show the MythTV PVR add-on as "Unavailable" or do have the add-on, but when I install and use it, the video is software-decoded and very jumpy/unviewable.
  • Installed several of the most recent nightlies (after Dec 30th, when hardware acceleration apparently became supported for the XIOS): Every nightly I have tried shows the MythTV PVR add-on as "Unavailable" due to missing dependencies.
Anyone have better luck than me?
As an update: I installed the latest nightly Pivos XBMC Linux build from October and then found this post:
http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3953

That allowed me to install the MythTV cmyth add-on version 1.6.11, which supports MythTV 0.27. So, now things are more or less working, but my live tv and recording playback seems a bit sluggish, but that may be due to using wifi.
As another update: I can confirm that switching to a direct Ethernet connection did improve performance, especially on 1080 streams. My Mac laptops have no issue streaming via the MythTV frontend over wifi, but the XIOS's wifi doesn't seem to be as capable.
(2014-01-06, 04:09)EricKerby Wrote: As another update: I can confirm that switching to a direct Ethernet connection did improve performance, especially on 1080 streams. My Mac laptops have no issue streaming via the MythTV frontend over wifi, but the XIOS's wifi doesn't seem to be as capable.

Good to know, I'm considering one of these for the same scenario. I have mythbackend and use XBMC + cmyth plugin for the frontends. You're playing 1080i MPEG2 streams on the pivos through this setup on ethernet with no problems? I'd like to get one of these boxes for a bedroom, but I do want to make sure it wont slow down or drop frames with the 1080 streams. Thansk!
Unfortunately I ended up returning the XIOS as I found it to be an underpowered box overall. It may meet some people's needs, but I fell back on my existing custom build media PC running Ubuntu until some of the embedded options become more stable and capable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pivos XIOS M3 and MythTV 0.27 backend0