Solved MCERemote add-on with X360 Universal remote, using the big X button to load/hide
EDIT: If anybody's wondering what I did, I used a program called AutoHotkey (I found out about it here) and then created my own script (which can be found on the AHK forums here).

Well, I almost asked my whole question in the title. But anyway, I have an Xbox 360 Universal Remote for my system. I'm slowly learning to use it on my PC as my media controlling device. I've already followed the instructions on the Wiki and am becoming more familiar with the MCERemote add-on and looking at the Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool.

The remote has the big round (X) button on the top and I would really like to figure out is how I could use it to open and exit XBMC when I press said button (or alternative, run XMBC minimized with Windows at startup and restore/minimize/return to desktop). I've figured out how to put in a command like 'alt-f4' to close the program but that's not exactly what I'm looking for. I guess I could just do Win+D which makes it do the 'show desktop' command instead.

I don't know. Is there a way I could approach this in the manner I am looking for?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCERemote add-on with X360 Universal remote, using the big X button to load/hide0