OS X Surround Sound issues on Mavericks and XBMC 12.3
Yes and no.

Based on your log

Code:
18:56:56 T:4584415232   DEBUG: CCoreAudioAEHALOSX::Initialize: No suitable AC3 output format found. Attempting DD-Wav.

The amp TV doesn't announce AC3 capability properly and the dd-wav fallback seems broken. Not much i can tell you - but yeah coreaudio is giving us issues all over the place and there are always setups which don't work. (but for defense there are also some setups which work ok Wink ).

Can't you shuffle around a bit so that your mac goes via hdmi to the amp? Would be interesting if this would work then.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm sorry, but I can't do that, since my amp is an older Onkyo, and only has coax and optical digital inputs. The interesting thing is that with my older MB Pro (running ML 10.8.5) works on 12.2, but has the same problem on 12.3 (so it seems the problem isn't related with Mavericks, or my mac-tv-amp configuration).

I'd love to buy a new amp (having hdmi inputs, and airplay support), but I think my girlfriend would shot me down immediately Smile
Yeah its a regression in 12.3 - we tried to fix things you know ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I see, standard software development procedure Smile

Thank you for your help, I'll keep trying on daily builds. Let me know if I have any other possibilities, or if I should try out a specific release.
@whatwho can you please try this version

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...v-i386.dmg

and report back please?
(2014-01-11, 15:13)Memphiz Wrote: @whatwho can you please try this version

and report back please?

@Memphiz, I've tried it, but nothing changed. See my settings, DTS capable setting is not visible, but it's turned on:

debug log (wiki) please with that version.
I seem to have a similar problem using Lion and 12.3 however DTS and AC3 does work on some of the movie files and not others. This has changed since the 12.3 upgrade. I have SPDIF from Mac Mini to receiver. Please let me know if a nightly build comes through that may help. Thanks
Interestingly using the daily build above the movies that did not have any sound on 12.3 did have sound but it played in Stereo rather than DTS (DTS was still highlighted in the sound options). I'm a newbie here so will work out how to do the debug log and upload.
I have similar problems with Mac Mini, Mavericks and XBMC. I tried official 12.3, test build and last nightly built but no sound. I hear system sounds, but no sound from movies or music. I tried built-in and default option:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=109509
set your speakersetup to 2.0 instead of 2.1 (the latter you have set as of the debug log if i don't read it wrong)
(2014-01-11, 20:39)Memphiz Wrote: debug log (wiki) please with that version.

here it is, thanks!
(2014-01-12, 13:48)Memphiz Wrote: set your speakersetup to 2.0 instead of 2.1 (the latter you have set as of the debug log if i don't read it wrong)

Thanks, it helped.
@whatwho - sorry i forgot something when backporting that patch from plex.

here is the fixed version (hopefully)

(2014-01-13, 00:43)Memphiz Wrote: @whatwho - sorry i forgot something when backporting that patch from plex.

here is the fixed version (hopefully)

You're awesome, it's WORKING!!! Smile I've tried with two files, containing DD and DTS without any problems. Video is OK, Audio is surround.

Thank you really much for your help, I really appreciate it!!! My last question is that when will I know, that this fix is in the mainline? Are you going to release it for x86_64 as well?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surround Sound issues on Mavericks and XBMC 12.30