Two questions: Moviesheets & "wired" connectivity
Hello all,

Newbie McNewberstein here. First let me start by saying that I got XBMC installed, connected, skinned, and working pretty much flawlessly through my wireless network. I'm very happy right now. Big Grin

At this point, I have two questions:

1) After hacking my Western Digital TV Live Plus and Patriot Box Office, I was able to create thumbnails, fanart, moviesheets, etc. using ThumbGen. All of my movies are in separate folders, and all folders have "Movie Sheets" in them which display all pertinent movie info. Is there a way for these to display under XBMC? (See below)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641...720pm.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/...720pm.jpg/

2) When connecting to my wireless network, there is no problem. However, the ATV2 can't connect wired. My PS3, XBox 360, PBO, and WDTV have no probs connecting instantly, but no love on the ATV2. Not even sure where to start, since I've never had issues before. Some of my high bitrate movie files stutter over wireless, so interesting in testing out my "wired" network, which is backed by a 5GHz N connection.

My setup is: Movies on USB drive -> Computer -> Gateway -> Wireless N 2.4/5GHz Bridge / Access Point -> Gigabit switch -> All media boxes.

Because of the bridge/access point, all boxes connect as if wired.

Where should I begin?

Thanks!
For your ATV2, check out these solutions for buffering issues: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...#Buffering

Especially the updating to latest nightly part and the audio to coax part. That's fixed a lot of buffering issues for people.
Thanks. Happy to try that. Was hoping getting on to a stronger connection on my network would be enough. Not very familiar with sharing via AFP, WebDAV, UPnP or FTP...though I suppose I'll start reading up on it.

Still hoping to get connected. Going to try direct to my router to see what's up. Never have had this prob with any hard-wired network device before.

Edit: No probs with ATV2 wired directly to router. Not sure what the issue is on the other side of my gateway..but will have to look into it. Still some "buffering" issues with the high bitrate action scenes, but nowhere near as bad as with the wireless connection. Will change aud to coax, and look into the other protocols. Sounds like I'm in for a few hours of homework. Oo

Thanks.

Still interested if I can use my old movie sheets.
(2011-11-20, 06:00)natebetween Wrote: Hello all,

Newbie McNewberstein here. First let me start by saying that I got XBMC installed, connected, skinned, and working pretty much flawlessly through my wireless network. I'm very happy right now. Big Grin

At this point, I have two questions:

1) After hacking my Western Digital TV Live Plus and Patriot Box Office, I was able to create thumbnails, fanart, moviesheets, etc. using ThumbGen. All of my movies are in separate folders, and all folders have "Movie Sheets" in them which display all pertinent movie info. Is there a way for these to display under XBMC? (See below)

My appologies for hitting a 2-year+ thread. Nate, do you still have your WD TV Live Plus? Was it hacked for Markster's MovieSheets+ ? If so, are you interested in selling it (if it still works)? I'm trying to set one up right now (the older Gen 2 model, not the new one that isn't supported), but since my ultimate goal is to have 2 of them in operation, I would like to get one that has already been setup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two questions: Moviesheets & "wired" connectivity0