Forum throwing an error using Waterfox
Error is as follows:

Error 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /showthread.php?tid=160347 on this server.

You do not have permission to access this server.

Your technical support key is: 44ea-6b6a-17f4-e8c8

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.

Trying to fix it myself takes me to this:

Technical Support

Your web browser's User-Agent string contained data which is associated with spam or other malicious activity.

To resolve this problem, first clean your computer of viruses and other malware. Then reset your browser's User-Agent string to its default value, or use a different web browser.

Internet Explorer: Update to IE version 9 or higher. If you are unable to update, remove invalid entries from your registry.

Firefox: Reset your User-Agent string.

If you are using a work computer and are unable to make these changes yourself, contact your network administrator for assistance.

My User-Agent string:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT; Win64; x64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0 Waterfox/26.0

Is correct and the default for this browser.

I'd really prefer using Waterfox as it is my main browser. Any ideas how I can get around this issue?
Moved to 'Website and Forum Issues or Suggestions'

My first idea is that this browser is often used by automated spammers or an automated spamscript and is therefore blacklisted in one of the antispam plugins we use.
We would have to look in to this - do not expect a quick solution as this might be quite some work.
I figured it might take a while, it's why I do have the alternate browsers installed on my system. Waterfox isn't really mainstream, so it might just be that the UserAgent String that it uses isn't in the database and it's throwing it into that because it's comparison isn't in the database. Though the other might be true as well, I just don't know.

Either way, I really enjoy the program XBMC, and have begun working on learning the bells and whistles of it's use. Thank you, and keep up the good work. Smile
Try doing this: http://www.waterfoxproject.org/developme...s&fn_id=63
I had to switch to IE to get to these forums (blah). I'm also having the same problem with my Waterfox. I was wondering if it had something to do with my add-ons, but I'm glad I found this thread and see others are having the same problem.

(2014-01-07, 17:25)Kib Wrote: My first idea is that this browser is often used by automated spammers or an automated spamscript and is therefore blacklisted in one of the antispam plugins we use.
We would have to look in to this - do not expect a quick solution as this might be quite some work.

I hope you guys look a little quicker. I much prefer Waterfox over other browsers and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when one site forces me to have to use a different browser.

(2014-01-25, 16:36)TheOverseer Wrote: Try doing this: http://www.waterfoxproject.org/developme...s&fn_id=63
Thanks, this tip at least gets the site working for me.
There is a clear reason and workaround posted above. The Waterfox browser uses differently structured useragent from all other browsers - a structure that websites have grown to expect, and base their design on.

Simply modify them and you should be good to go.
This error has been fixed in Waterfox 27.0.2.

It was a problem with the useragent string not showing the NT Version for the OS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum throwing an error using Waterfox0