Online Database for EDL Files similar to opensubtitles.org
I am looking for some kind of online repository/database for .EDL files for TV-Shows, in order to automatically skip their intros/credits.

EDL files are compareable to subtitle files, the only difference being that they contain the timecodes of the intro and credits in order to skip them. Having a community site for sharing those EDL files for TV-Shows would imho almost be as beneficial as subtitle databases like opensubtitles.

Does someone know of such a ressource? Do XBMC Addons for this exist?
Not sure myself, but I'd love to find one.
I want the same thing, and found this page when I Googled it. I'm surprised that such a thing doesn't exist yet.
Well lets see now, how is that going to work?

No 2 peoples recordings are likely to start at exactly the same time - most people pre-roll some time to avoid missing the beginning if the broadcaster is running a few seconds early.

Also different broadcasters may have slightly different lengths for their ad breaks, particularly when you start moving around the world.

So it technically seems unfeasible.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-03-02, 06:52)nickr Wrote: Well lets see now, how is that going to work?

No 2 peoples recordings are likely to start at exactly the same time - most people pre-roll some time to avoid missing the beginning if the broadcaster is running a few seconds early.

Also different broadcasters may have slightly different lengths for their ad breaks, particularly when you start moving around the world.

So it technically seems unfeasible.
Well basically you are right, there are those techical problems. But as far as I know, the problem with asynchronity of play times also applies to subtitle files. And as far as I know there are numerous subtitle databases on the net. There even exist Kodi Addons which allow to download matching subtitles for the currently running movie or episode.
It would be difficult or impossible to share .EDL files for individual TV recordings, but BluRay or DVD releases should be fine.
One of the GSOC2018 proposals is Intro-Outro Detection fingers crossed that it gets worked on this summer.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=328614

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Online Database for EDL Files similar to opensubtitles.org0