ServerWMC stopped working
Hi all......I installed ServerWMC-1101 a couple of days ago on my Windows 8.1 desktop, and it has been working great with my OpenELEC Raspberry Pi Media Center. Last night I turned on my Pi, only to find the Media Center server was not running. I checked my desktop, and sure enough, ServerWMC had stopped running. And no matter what I do, it will not run. I've tried reinstalling ServerWMC multiple times. It installs fine, but neither the configuration program or the service will run. I've made no changes to my system. I do have automatic updates turned on, but no updates were installed. Has anyone else had this issue? Any help would be appreciated......

Thanks
Allen
You may have run into a problem some other users reported where the config file was completely empty. We have a bug where if it is missing we will recreate it, but if it is there but empty we crash out.

%ProgramData%\VDSoftware\ServerWMC\config.xml

If it's empty, delete it and restart ServerWMC. You will have to reconfigure your settings again though sorry
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Thanks scarecrow420. That worked perfectly. I deleted to old empty config.xml file and I was good to go.
I really appreciate the help!

Allen
No worries. We aren't sure what causes this, perhaps a reboot or crash right at an inopportune time where the config file is being written. I think this only happens when you make changes in the ServerWMC UI though, or perhaps we do write the file out when the program starts as well (to add any new/default entries etc). But i dont think we write it out during normal/idle running. I'll have a look.

In terms of your situation, nothing comes to mind that might have caused this, eg a serverWMC crash when trying to change settings or start up, or a reboot of the PC etc? Does it stay running or do you switch it on/off each day?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I didn't notice any correlation between anything I was doing and the occurrence of the empty config.xml file. I will try to monitor it a bit more carefully now, just in case it happens again. I'll let you know if I find anything. I have ServerWMC start automatically with my desktop pc (which is always on during the day, but in S3 (STR) when not recording). I only turn my Pi on when I watch my recordings on my livingroom tv. I don't leave it on 24/7.

Thanks again scarecrow420.

Allen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ServerWMC stopped working0