New movies scanned as watched to database
I'm having some issues with new movies scanned to database and show up as watched in xbmc.
I restarted xbmc and scanned a new movie to the database: 'The Green Lantern'
the things puzzeling me is if I look in the database, the 'date added' value is a date way in the past. (2013-12-09 10:10:23)
it is the original timestamp of the movie in the download
the 'last played date' is the date and time when i set up the database. (yesterday evening 2014-01-05 19:23:44)
although I'm not sure if it the time of setup/scrape, or the time I marked the first movie as watched (other movie).

Somebody else seeing this?

Here is the logfile: log

From what I can make of it, it is being updated as set? and I see the sql command that sets the playcount and date and time. I Just can't figure out where it is coming from.

If needed I have a sql dump before and after.

edit: forgot some info:
XBMC: 13.0-ALPHA12 Git:20140105-5da031f). Platform: x86 Linux 64-bit
Is there a file with extension ".nfo" - probably XBMC reads the dates from it?
(2014-01-06, 23:10)NEOhidra Wrote: Is there a file with extension ".nfo" - probably XBMC reads the dates from it?

No, just checked, there is nothing in de root directory but movie directories.
In the movie directory are just the movie file and an .srt file.
are you on mysql or local? if mysql what happens if you scan local?
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
I'm on mysql, I will try a local scan, but it will probably be tomorrow.
do you have the watched status option set to true in the advancedsettings.xml?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
As you can tell from my log, there are no watched status options in my advancedsettings.xml, there are no .nfo files accompanying my movies.
Or can xbmc read them from somewhere else?
I specified the specific path to the movie in my library scan through json...
I didnt see the advancedsettings option in the log. Not sure what you mean by specific path from your scan from json?
You did a json call to update the library?
Without NFOs and advancedsettings option, this seems a bit odd.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
Yes, I did a json call to scan the movie in the given path to the library, why is that odd without an .nfo and an advanced settings option?
Not sure if I follow you, when there is a new movie on my disk, my script makes a json call to xbmc to scan the movie in to the library. The scraper does the job, no need for .nfo files, and no need for any advanced settings?

I mean, I only want the watched status set, when I actually watch the movie, not already when it is added to the library.
ok, small update...
After setting up the new library, I marked some movies as watched manually.
It seems that xbmc, or the scraper is taking these lastplayed values i added manually to insert into the lastplay field for new movies.
weird:

I marked a movie as watched manually on 2014-01-05 19:23:44. This was a movie from 2011.
Now every movie from 2011 that is scanned to library gets the lastplayed value 2014-01-05 19:23:44.

I marked a movie as watched manually on 2014-01-05 19:23:27. This was a movie from 2013
Now every movie from 2013 that is scanned to library gets the lastplayed value 2014-01-05 19:23:27

I did not manually marked as watched movies from 2010.
New movies from 2010 are not marked as watched when scanned to library.

It is not dependent on the file or foldername which contains (2011). I also tested a scan without any year info in the path.

When I get home later I'll change scraper from moviemeter to imdb, and report back.
Well, changed the scraper from moviemeter to tmdb and the issue is gone,
I'll be heading over to the moviemeter thread,
thanks for thinking along with me...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New movies scanned as watched to database0