server won't wake: Server/Client = Win/KodiBuntu
Question 
Hi there.

First off, some thanks: Thanks be to margro*. You seem to be the main (maybe only?) developer of this plugin and extremely helpful as well.

I moved yesterday from a fully Windows, MediaPortal server/client setup to a Windows/KodiBuntu server/client setup. The server remains Windows with Mediaportal's TV-Server running.

The Windows server will not wake itself up for recordings scheduled from Kodi's EPG viewer.

Both client and server sleep. The server should wake independent of the client.

Where am I going wrong? Does the Kodi add-on actually send any "you should wake from sleep at this time"-information to the server? Surely not and it's all managed from the server itself...? My apologies if the solution is in some easy-to-find spot. I have looked.

---------
*Which I always read as "Marge (from the Simpsons) read-only"
The Kodi addon does not send any "wake" commands to the TVServer. It only adds new schedules and it is the responsibility of the backend to set the wake-up time.
Personally I've no experience with waking up the TVServer, so I cannot give you further hints around this matter.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
That makes perfect sense. Thanks.
Are you using the powerscheduler plugin on the MP server? If so, when you've set a scheduled recording, go to the plugin, what does it say next to 'Next wakeup time"? Check your settings under control panel > Advanced power options > Sleep > Allow wake timers. They should be set to enable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
server won't wake: Server/Client = Win/KodiBuntu0