IPTV Simple PVR setup.
Hey Guys,

I am trying to set up IPTV simple so I can watch Live TV on XBMC but I am unable to load the M3U playlist. I am able to play it on VLC without any problem.

I've been looking for the past 2 days for a solution or if I have missed a step but could not find an answer or maybe I could not decrypt the proper method to do it.

I've tried first on my computer (Windows 8) XBMC, ATV2 and Openelec (Atv1). I have xbmc 12.3 frodo on the first 2 and 12.2 on Openelec.

Question, do I need a TV tuner ? Apparently No based on what I read.

So here's what I did, enabled IPTVsimple under PVR addons then I went to enable Live TV under system settings in XBMC
I created the playlist and transferred the file under my downloads folder. I directed the path under IPTV simple to locate the file.

When I go to Live TV, it does not load anything, I tried multiple M3U files but none of them is working.

I am sure, I am missing something very obvious to do and excuse my ignorance. Can someone help with my apparent stupid request. Usually, when I face an issue, I just look in the forum until I find the answer but this time I am stuck.

Thanks!
Does your m3u file have the same format as described here?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1339559
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
Hey Maniac

Thanks for the reply, I figured it out yesterday that it might be something to do with M3U format and after reading thoroughly, I think that might be the issue. I haven't tried it yet since it only popped in my head late at night and did not give it a try yet. However, I think that was what I missed.

Thank you very much for your reply and the provided link. Will update the thread once done.
Awesome!

That was the missing part. I can't believe, I miss that important portion of setting up the add on. I was able to load the playlist, I just need to work on editing the playlist and do some testing first.

Thanks very much Maniac.
Hi:

I am very new to this. I have found the following site with sets of IPTV .msu files http://iptv-stream.blogspot.ca/

I copied and pasted them on different files like cinema.m3u, sports.m3u, canada.m3u, latest.m3u, etc.

Now, do I have to add up all these files into 1 file and point the simple PVR add-on to it, or can I use multiple files?

Lastly, is the format used by the blog compatible with the add-on?

Thanks in advance.

Nabil
Sincerely,

Nabil
I guess I know the answer to two of my questions. It has to be a single file and the format (or data) on that blog do not work. All I get is a list of channels but when I click on any of them, it tries for seconds then stops.

Is there other sources for updated .m3u files?

Nabil
Sincerely,

Nabil
I am not subscribing to any cable company, is that why I am getting nothing?

Nabil
Sincerely,

Nabil

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Simple PVR setup.0