Win OSD in PVR? limited EPG function
Today I installed the PVR with WMC as backend and I came across a few thing that aren't clear to me and I can't find the answer to eighter.

I thought there would be a timeshift funtionality, but the OSD is too limited. I only have: channel up and down, volume up and down, stop, a TV symbol, EPG, txt ect. So no pause, play, ffwd ect. like the movie or series OSD.
Am I missing something?

Also do I like to the EPG as timeline (an overview of all channels for the whole evening) I can select that in the left hand pane, but it won't stick. Also do I have 23 channels with it says are two pages, but I can't get to the second page, when in timeline mode.

I have Frodo 12.3 with Confluence Customizable Mod
Thanx
Hi Fibo,

Good to hear from you again, it has been a long time.

I don't understand your question about OSD, I see ffwd, pause and play. What skin are you using? Regardless though, OSD is controlled by the skin and possibly xbmc itself, not the addon.

If you switch to gotham, at least in the confluence skin, it has the EPG timeline as a choice directly from the main menu.

For the last question, can't you just scroll down using the arrow keys on your keyboard or remote?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Hi krustyreturns,

Thanks for picking this up. Indeed it was a while, things were running fine. Made a few small mods myself. Then I updated to Frodo 12.3 and the skin CCM (Confluence Customizable Mod.). Then I thought let's try PVR and ran into some issues.

I installed server WMC and the WMC.PVR addon 0.1.91

Well, as far as the OSD issue, it must have had something to do with the skin (CCM), because when I changed it back to plain Confluence I did have a more extended OSD. I could pause the program but I can't skip back and I can't find any indication on how far back I am when restarting after a pause.

The other issue is that when I open TV from the menu bar, I get a scroll down EPG of now playing. That's the only place I can choose a channel from ( it would have been nice if it was possible from the timetable EPG as well).
In the timeline view I cant scroll down to more channels, when I scroll the timeline moves, so I can only see the first 10 channels in this view.
Skip forward and back should work, at least the remote and keyboard command for this do. You are right that the osd does not display the timeshift position currently.

In the EPG you can switch to a channel by bringing up the context menu and choosing 'switch to channel'.

How are you scrolling? In EPG view, if you scroll with the mouse wheel only the guide data scrolls, not the channels. However if you scroll with arrow keys, the channels scroll.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Hi krustyreturns,

I use my mouse as sole remote, most of my self assigned buttons, like scoll for volume or ect. don't work in TV view. Polluted by years of WMC-use I was expecting about the same functionality. (Like dragging the broadcast to an earlier point with the mouse, fastplay (double speed) with sound.) Those were things I used a lot in WMC so I forgot to be open minded for the new and different program. So now I know that the OSD was an Skin issue, the way I can make use of the Timeline view for the EPG is something I will try to mod myself.

Thanx for clarifying

(2014-01-07, 20:53)krustyreturns Wrote: ---///-- You are right that the osd does not display the timeshift position currently.

This is something I can't improve myself, but also when timeshift reaches current time I think it should switch over to normal speed, instead it pauses and when buffered speeds again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD in PVR? limited EPG function0