Win Frodo 12.3: No Audio, Video Stuttering
Hi guys, I've been going crazy for the past few days.

I had Frodo 12.0, which worked perfectly. All my movies played fine, got perfect audio pass through to my receiver (AC3, DTS, DTS HD, etc.)

Since I upgraded to Frodo 12.3, now all my movies are stuttering pretty badly with no audio. I've read the sticky thread a few times and went through the settings again to make sure everything was right. But it just doesn't seem to work. Win 7 audio settings should be fine because I have not touched it since Frodo 12.0. I am sure there's probably some settings in XBMC that I might have overlooked.

Btw, before I install Frodo 12.3, I did a complete un-install for 12.0.

Here's my setup.

HTPC w/ Win7 64bit and Radeon 5670 graphic card
HTPC > Integra DHC-9.9 pre/pro > BenQ W1070 projector (all via HDMI)

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
Did you selected WASAPI in audio settings as Passthrough output device?
Have you choose 5.1 audio or something? I did for my HTPC and got flickering video/audio even though I had WASAPI selected. I had to use 2.0. Because. Have in mind; if your AV receiver is 5.1 capapable your HTPC also must have a 5.1 supported sound card and use for example a SPDIF-port (TOSLINK) cable to your receiver for the sound. THEN you can have 5.1 audio, if not, use 2.0.

I may be wrong here but that`s my experience when I got this error.
* un1versal points to AudioEngine/HOW-TO:_Configure_audio (wiki) and Windows_Settings_for_AudioEngine (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo 12.3: No Audio, Video Stuttering0