Gefen HDmi Detective Plus- good to have for HTPC
I think that every XBMC HTPC should have one of this "Gefen HDmi Detective Plus". I used to have it connected to my previous HTPC last year. When I sold my built HTPC, the new owner bought HDMI detective from me too. I'm planning to buy another one soon.With this HDMI detective, the computer never sees that the LEDTV is turned off, because EDID is stored in this box, and it always transmitted. It is installed between HTPC and AVR. If there is no AVR, it can be installed between HTPC and LEDTV. After installing HDMI Detective, everything works more like a traditional PC. The HTPC can go to sleep and when it wake up, AVR instantly sees HDMI connections and automatically send signal to LEDTV......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I've seen these being talked about before, it seems like an excellent idea but at over £50 is far too overpriced.

My set up is simple, like most; HTPC -> AVR -> TV. I leave the AVR on all the time, the TV turns off after 30 minutes of no signal and the HTPC goes into standby after 1 hour.

For the last five years I've used a couple of different AVRs and found that the problem of losing connection, etc didn't occur - or very rarely - on Sony products.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-02-19, 22:56)Piers Wrote: I leave the AVR on all the time
Most of us don't leave AVR on......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I did the pin 19 trick of the hdmi cable and that seemed to work for me on windows, but not found it required so far using openelec...

It was a pain as sometimes I'd be listening to music and then turn the tv off and lose sound...
Also would lose sound if I switched inputs on the amp or change from the tv to projector...
(2014-02-20, 13:23)Thebluevoice Wrote: I did the pin 19 trick of the hdmi cable and that seemed to work for me on windows, but not found it required so far using openelec...

It was a pain as sometimes I'd be listening to music and then turn the tv off and lose sound...
Also would lose sound if I switched inputs on the amp or change from the tv to projector...

What's the pin 19 trick?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gefen HDmi Detective Plus- good to have for HTPC0