Bug XBMC freezes when watching whilst recording
I've found that when I have a recording in progress and am watching TV at the same time, after a while XBMC will just lock up completely, requiring a power-cycle which obviously messes up the recording, never mind being annoying when I'm trying to relax and watch TV.

It happened twice in the last couple of days when I happened to be watching the programme that was being recorded, so I thought that it was limited to doing that but just now I was watching a different channel and it did it, so it just seems to be triggered by having the two things running. I presume when watching the same channel that's being recorded it only uses a single tuner, so even if in the instance in this log it was using both tuners due to the channel being watched being on a different mux to the one being recorded, it clearly isn't only happening when both tuners are active.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=106933
If your computer freezes completely to the point of requiring a reboot it isn't XBMC's fault, it's something else. Have you checked your /var/log/syslog and /var/log/messages to see if there is a kernel panic or something similar?
(2014-01-08, 16:22)negge Wrote: If your computer freezes completely to the point of requiring a reboot it isn't XBMC's fault, it's something else. Have you checked your /var/log/syslog and /var/log/messages to see if there is a kernel panic or something similar?

Well no, it appears to be more an issue with tvheadend than XBMC exactly. I've just looked in var/log and there's no syslog or messages but maybe that's because I'm running on the RPi?
It's actually just frozen up whilst watching TV without any recording. Still no syslog or messages in /var/log and I was able to SCP in to grab the log, so it appears just to be XBMC that's crashed.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=107766
lol wtf is that?
Quote:19:03:13 23819.900391 T:2860512336 INFO: COMXAudio::ApplyVolume - Volume=0.83 (* 5.62 * 0.24)
19:08:13 24119.097656 T:2821268560 INFO: Previous line repeats 12467 times.

your pi might just not be fast enough to do all of this at the same time
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2014-01-08, 23:32)opdenkamp Wrote: lol wtf is that?
Quote:19:03:13 23819.900391 T:2860512336 INFO: COMXAudio::ApplyVolume - Volume=0.83 (* 5.62 * 0.24)
19:08:13 24119.097656 T:2821268560 INFO: Previous line repeats 12467 times.

your pi might just not be fast enough to do all of this at the same time

Not sure, maybe it's the auto-amplitude feature adjusting. I disabled that to test though and it just froze again and I don't see similar lines in the log around the time it froze (about 12:27), only some OMXClock lines.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=108087
Your new log is still littered with the same ApplyVolume lines.
The last one is at 12:01, so that must be when I disabled it. The freeze happened at 12:27.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC freezes when watching whilst recording0