GUIDE: Complete Setup Guide for TVHeadEnd, HDHomeRun, and N.A. Program Listings
(2014-06-14, 21:51)mr_raider Wrote:
(2014-06-14, 02:30)robo989 Wrote:
(2014-06-13, 14:10)mr_raider Wrote: Thanks for the guide. I am 90% up and running under 14.04. My question as follows:

In the DVB adapter settings, I have both cards of the homerun showing, xxxxxx-0 and xxxxxx-1. I did the setup for services on channels for 0. DO I need to do it again for 1?

Not needed, provided it's enabled in the tree will be used automatically.

In other words, once the channels are named and mapped to EPG for one tuner, the program will dynamically choose between the two tuners at recording time?

Correct, certainly for 3.9.xxx builds.
(2014-06-15, 14:09)robo989 Wrote: Correct, certainly for 3.9.xxx builds.

Actually I'm using 3.4 from the stable repo. There seems to be no buidls for trusty in the beta repo.
(2014-01-07, 07:20)advocate99 Wrote: TVHeadEnd Configuration Instructions

until someone tells me how to re-compile the Linux Kernel with the DVB Headers. You'll have to use 10.04.4.

Her is how I made it work on Ubuntu 14.04:

Code:
#as root
   apt-get install git
   cd /usr/src/
   git clone https://github.com/h0tw1r3/dvbhdhomerun
   apt-get install dpkg-dev cmake dkms
   apt-get install hdhomerun-config libhdhomerun-dev debhelper
   cd dvbhdhomerun && dpkg-buildpackage -b
   cd ..
   dpkg -i dvbhdhomerun-dkms_0.0.16+nmu3_all.deb
   dpkg -i dvbhdhomerun-utils_0.0.16+nmu3_amd64.deb

The trick is finding Jeffrey Clark's git repro where he did all the hard work of making a working package - it has been working like a charm with tv-headend here for a month now without a single glitch.
I keep getting truncated recordings. Is there a log I can view somewhere to see what happened?
This is a stretch, but I am using VMWare player with Ubuntu 10.04.4 86 and everything goes through great but I never see the hdhomerun in tvheadend. When I try to restart dvbhdhomerun-utils service it says not valid, but when I install it again, it says it is already installed. Any ideas where I might have went wrong?

Update: I believe it is a kernel issue. What kernel is required? dvbhdhomerun-utils says Module build for the currently running kernel was skipped since the kernel source for this kernel does not seem to be installed.
I followed this guide and some other posts to set-up TVHeadend on an Ubuntu 14.04 server and it works fine. Manual recordings work great, and the networks come in fine with accurate EPG listings. However, there is one fatal flaw that I am trying to get help on -- if I add recordings to the auto recorder thing, it always fails the recording with the error "Time missed". Does anyone have any experience with this? Tried googling and put an issue in at TVH's website but thought I'd post here too since I followed this guide and everything else works.
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
Would you please tell me how I can update my guide so that it will work with Ubuntu 14.04Huh

(2014-09-11, 05:51)Silvaire Wrote: I followed this guide and some other posts to set-up TVHeadend on an Ubuntu 14.04 server and it works fine. Manual recordings work great, and the networks come in fine with accurate EPG listings. However, there is one fatal flaw that I am trying to get help on -- if I add recordings to the auto recorder thing, it always fails the recording with the error "Time missed". Does anyone have any experience with this? Tried googling and put an issue in at TVH's website but thought I'd post here too since I followed this guide and everything else works.
I welcome comments and suggestions for the Kodi (XBMC) Set-up Guide that I wrote.
You can read it here:  http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310
@BombJack

Steps got me back working on Ubuntu 14.04. Now I have TV on my XBMC again!!

Thanks
What stepsHuh?
I welcome comments and suggestions for the Kodi (XBMC) Set-up Guide that I wrote.
You can read it here:  http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310
(2014-09-23, 08:45)advocate99 Wrote: What stepsHuh?

The steps are the ones posted by Bombjack

The instructions on the original post are still good but those who are currently configuring this setup on the last version of ubuntu (14.04 - Trusty) must compile the HDHomeRun add-on for TVheadend from scratch as already suggested by BombJack:

#as root
apt-get install git
cd /usr/src/
git clone https://github.com/h0tw1r3/dvbhdhomerun
apt-get install dpkg-dev cmake dkms
apt-get install hdhomerun-config libhdhomerun-dev debhelper
cd dvbhdhomerun && dpkg-buildpackage -b
cd ..
dpkg -i dvbhdhomerun-dkms_0.0.16+nmu3_all.deb
dpkg -i dvbhdhomerun-utils_0.0.16+nmu3_amd64.deb

The current instructions on the original post instructing to use the PPA (with pre-compiled binaries) will only work for Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) to 13.10 (Saucy). There no binaries currently available for 14.04 (Trusty) at the moment:

Current instructions on page 1 for older Ubuntu versions:

sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tfylliv/dvbhdhomerun
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install dvbhdhomerun-dkms dvbhdhomerun-utils

I hope this will clarify the things for you.
Just wan't to chime in.
This guide (BombJack & CaptainHarlock) works great!
Upgraded to Ubuntu 14.10 (Utopic Unicorn)
Haven't tried recording yet, but live playback/streaming works like a charm.
Much appreciated :-)
CoreELEC 19.3
LG OLED CX 65 - Yamaha RX-V775 . Dali Opticon 6.
Used the instructions on page 3 to add HDHomerun support to my Ubuntu 14.04 server with TVHeadend 3.4 and all appears to have worked straight up. Even setup a few autorec/record series entries and so far they have kicked off. I use the OTA EPG data if that has anything to do with missed recordings other have noticed.

Had a look in syslog and noticed the following entry -

Nov 13 18:19:30 jupiter1 kernel: [ 5.333987] dvb_hdhomerun_core: module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel

Anybody know if this is a problem to worry about or ignore?

Also

Nov 13 18:19:42 jupiter1 tvheadend[1272]: dvb: Found adapter /dev/dvb/adapter0 (HDHomeRun DVB-T 12211FBE-0) via PCI
Nov 13 18:19:42 jupiter1 tvheadend[1272]: dvb: Found adapter /dev/dvb/adapter1 (HDHomeRun DVB-T 12211FBE-1) via PCI
Nov 13 18:19:42 jupiter1 tvheadend[1272]: dvb: Adapter /dev/dvb/adapter0 will run in full mux mode

This "full mux mode" is only mentioned for adapter0. Not for adapater1. Maybe it is nothing - just wondered

Will keep fiddling but so far looks good for 14.04
Instructions on page 3 works great on 14.04 (after fiddling with upstart to get the boot sequence right...)
Another solution that also works:grab the latest git version of tvheadend and compile.
dvbhdhomerun driver is not needed anymore as tvheadend integrated it about a month ago. It's not activated on the tvheadend unstable repo, you have to compile it yourself as discussed on the tvheadend forum
https://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/13610
So I have gotten through most of this but on the web interface my TV Adapter does not show up. I am using a HD Home Run Prime over my router. The Home Run is usable through the hd home run config program so the computer does recognize it. Any tips?
What ubuntu version are you running? When you enter the command "hdhomerun_config discover" what's the output? Is your dvbhdhomerun-utils service running?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GUIDE: Complete Setup Guide for TVHeadEnd, HDHomeRun, and N.A. Program Listings2