Linux need help setting up with 2250
ok i'm tying to build another xbmc machine and i'm running into problems. first off im pretty new to linux.

i installed ubuntu on a old pc i had laying around (amd x4 3.2 with 8g of ram)

i tried to install the drivers for my wintv 2250

and installed the tvheadend

first off i tried like 100 ways to get the drivers installed before i could see it in tvheadend, and when i finally got it to see the 2250 i couldn't set it up to scan for atsc.

i got really mad after messing with it for two days and started to build a windows server, now after setting that up i want to get it to work on linux. can some one help me out and point me to some good step by step guides.

also is that all i need or is there other software allso that i just don't know about to get all of this to work.

as far as distro i don't really care, i just need this box to run xbmc, run tv backend and media sever

thanks
Have you tried following http://lifehacker.com/5981757/how-to-wat...dia-center? ATSC is not as well supported as DVB but it should work fine once you get it set up correctly.
yes but he doesn't give a driver install how to and i think that is where my problem is
Drivers are in the Linux Kernel already. What you probably need is the firmware to upload to the card. Firmware can be got from here. The firmware needs to be copied to /lib/firmware. You should be able to see it sent to the card by checking the output of dmesg.

Also, check out these links

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Ha...V-HVR-2200

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Ha...0#Firmware

HTH
ok thank you i will give it a whirl
ok i think im getting some where,

how do i do this in the terminal though, im using ubuntu server

Create a file named options in the /etc/modprobe.d folder , the first line should have : options saa7164 card=8

i need it to say card=7
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/options
I am going through this right now as well. I am finding that the /lib/firmware is missing a couple of firmwares:
v4l-saa7164-1.0.2-3.fw
v4l-saa7164-1.0.3-3.fw
the fact that these are missing might be a part of the problem or the whole problem.

Also, in the /etc/modprobe.d folder there is a filer or folder called options.conf. Is that what we need to put card=7 in or do we need to make a separate folder?

Some folks have mentioned that the tv card itself takes forever to register and the PVR Client(tvheadend in my case) initializes before it has a chance to load correctly. There is a setting in the tvheadend service to "wait for frontend" and "number of adapters to wait for". This might help. Im gonna apply some of these fixes tonight and if I have any success i will report back. The crazy part is that my dmesg output seems to be what is needed. PITA

Openelec Fusion 3.2.4
Hauppauge 2250
if you figure it out please post a step by step. i'm pulling my hair out

im learning alot about using the terminal! just not what i need to do haha fun stuff
ok yeah i changed the card #

the FW will download
but when i do:
sh extract.sh
cp *fw /lib/firmware

it comes back and says:
extract.sh: 23: extract.sh: unzip: not found
failed to extract file, aborting

also says cp *fw /lib/firmware
cp: cannot stat *fw': no such file or directory
(2014-01-09, 01:47)janice Wrote: if you figure it out please post a step by step. i'm pulling my hair out

im learning alot about using the terminal! just not what i need to do haha fun stuff

Okay. Even though I wasted tons of time just to find out that everything works perfect. Go HERE and read through the details. The "frontend" is the adapter! I dont know if yours says "Samsung S5H1411 QAM/8VSB Frontend" or whatever, but that is what you use to tune channels etc.. It doesn't matter that the signal strength is 0%. Then add DVB by location. Its all there in the article. This is what worked for me anyway. I'm using OpenELEC as my standalone XBMC software, so all of the drivers appear to be good. I hope this helps.
well i think i'm almost there i went to set it up with xbmc and it just keeps saying its getting disconnected and i have now idea what thats about, i have the UN and PW right. at first i used the default host name and just got the connection err and when i put in the same ip i use for the config browser it goes between that err and denied access, or something like that
(2014-01-09, 02:11)janice Wrote: ok yeah i changed the card #

the FW will download
but when i do:
sh extract.sh
cp *fw /lib/firmware

it comes back and says:
extract.sh: 23: extract.sh: unzip: not found
failed to extract file, aborting

also says cp *fw /lib/firmware
cp: cannot stat *fw': no such file or directory

You need to install unzip. Running "sudo apt-get install unzip" does the trick. After that follow the steps again.

@janice: no one can help you unless you provide a debug log (wiki). Most likely you've configured the addon incorrectly (wrong hostname or wrong port, possibly wrong credentials).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need help setting up with 22500