Solved Displaying "Special" Episode Number as 1xS4096?
Okay, oh great and wise crowd. Something I noticed on my 12.3 Windows box and I've just seen it on my 12.3 'buntu as well. I can dig into log files et al, but I thought I'd just ask if anyone else can see it...

I have TV shows. I have episodes (1x01, 1x02 format). I have specials (0x01 format). Nothing whatsoever untoward there.

I scan them to library. They're fine, and show up fine. In the right order. With the right numbers.

I play them. I call up the on-screen menu (through "m", or pause, or whatever)... and every single one reports as "Series Name (1xS4096)". A suspicious power of 2, methinks.

Can anyone confirm, please, before I try to understand more?

EDIT

Okay, I had to dig. I think it's related to thetvdb's "Airs before..." field, and whether this is set or not. Testing with something that I know a few folks here will have:

* If I look at Doctor Who (2005) 0x86 (thetvdb has "airs before 07x13") then the library view labels it as 7xS86 and the OSD as 7xS13.
* If I look at Doctor Who (2005) 0x83 ("airs before" is blank) then the library view labels it as 7xS83 and the OSD as 7xS4096.

I would guess that XBMC is trying to interpret the literal episode number for the library view, but the "airs before" field for the OSD - and chokes on the latter when it's blank. I think it also pulls the "airs after season..." field which is where 7xS4096 comes from - the 1x4096 is a default when there's no information at all or when only season 1 exists.

I've never noticed it before, but I did switch to mysql for a shared database last week, so it's possibly something to do with that.

Anyway, I'd still appreciate a second opinion if possible, please!

EDIT 2

It's not mysql - I've just tried it on my two OpenElec 3.2.4 systems and both exhibit the same behaviour - but one of them uses the shared database and one has a standalone library.

A quick check on Android and that 'phone (still running Gotham Alpha 8) doesn't do this, though - it shows 0x83 as S83 and 0x86 as S86 in both library and OSD view. Maybe it's already fixed for Gotham, then.
Yeah, this has already been fixed for Gotham.

Here is the trac ticket with all the details: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14281
Perfect, thanks, scudlee. I'll ignore it, then, as it's evidently never upset me before!

And yes, looking at your code samples, there's the 0x1000 reference - I thought 4096 was suspicious :-)

Cheers,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Displaying "Special" Episode Number as 1xS4096?0