• 10(current)
Video of my ambient lighting setup
(2014-04-24, 03:46)BtripN Wrote: This is soo cool, I have to do this! Great job with all your work, the XBMC community is the best. I just finished my basement project which includes a 100" projection screen, Win8 64bit, XBMC 13 beta4. A 5M strand of LEDs would not work. Would the same concept work by adding another strand taking in consideration the power supply? Haven't looked enough into this, but would a 10amp power supply be sufficient for just over 7M of LEDs?

Another concern of mine is the distance from my HTPC to the screen (about 25ft). I roughed in a conduit to allow for things like this but would there be any timing issues running the USB from HTPC to Leonardo at that distance?
25ft?

The propogation speed is roughly the speed of light, 300,000,000 metres pers second. I think you'll be OK.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Great info, thanks. Recommendations/pros/cons with 30led/M vs 60led/M?
If you did 60 led/m that would be 420 zones at 7 meters. I haven't been able to double check yet since I'm not at home, but I think the limit in the programming right now is about 260 zones give or take. Also it would take a very large power supply to drive them. I think you should go with 30 led/meter strip.
(2014-04-25, 00:39)BtripN Wrote: Great info, thanks. Recommendations/pros/cons with 30led/M vs 60led/M?

(2014-04-25, 04:16)LazerBlue Wrote: If you did 60 led/m that would be 420 zones at 7 meters. I haven't been able to double check yet since I'm not at home, but I think the limit in the programming right now is about 260 zones give or take. Also it would take a very large power supply to drive them. I think you should go with 30 led/meter strip.

Indeed, all of the current drivers seem to have an upper limit of 255 LEDs. However, it may be possible to configure some of the programs as if you have dual screens and then drive one strip from captures setup from one half of the screen and the other from captures of the other half of the screen. The strips can be cut and attached as you see fit, so if you bought two 5m rolls at 60 LEDs/m you would cut/paste to keep each strip under 255 LEDs. I agree that you would likely need to use either a larger or two power supplies, but that is not complicated or a real issue except to ensure ground continuity with both.
So I just want to confirm that I have it working with the WS2812B LED's. I'm using the 30led/m strip with a total of 108 LED's around my 50" plasma and a Sparkfun Pro Micro 5V/16Mhz board (man is it tiny!). Still figuring out how to set it up to my liking, but setting it to XBMC capture and running a few movies it runs great. Will post pics once my remodel is complete in my own showcase thread.
Recently started looking into the whole ambient light/phillips hue type of thing. Not sure if it's something I'd want to proceed with or not. How much of the image/video is used to light up the lights?

And, those strips, are they bendable? If I did anything with them I'd most likely want it used for my projector, and right now my screen rolls up/down.
(2014-08-26, 04:31)Abshole Wrote: Recently started looking into the whole ambient light/phillips hue type of thing. Not sure if it's something I'd want to proceed with or not. How much of the image/video is used to light up the lights?

And, those strips, are they bendable? If I did anything with them I'd most likely want it used for my projector, and right now my screen rolls up/down.

Using Ambibox, you can set the capture area as big or small as you want for each individual LED.

The strips are bendable in the perpendicular directions to the plane of the strip but cannot be 'rolled up' as tightly as a projector screen, so it is unlikely that you could mount them to the back of the screen and have them roll up and down with it.
(2014-02-03, 00:53)KenV99 Wrote: You need two MF and two MM. I'll look more closely tomorrow. I started the Wiki but that will take a few days.
Right now. Super Bowl party!!!

Can someone direct me to the Wiki for this project? I have ordered everything that KenV99 recommended, and I am looking forward to tackling this project as soon as the parts come in.
I can't recall a wiki for it. I took my directions from this thread.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-22, 03:25)nickr Wrote: I can't recall a wiki for it. I took my directions from this thread.
Same. There isn't a wiki that I'm aware of.
(2015-01-28, 20:13)adamsand Wrote: Check new standalone ambient light system - AmbiVision. It's a new Ingiegogo.com campaign.

I am really interested in this, but something about it just seems kind of fishy to me.
First of all, how does the device adjust to what color the wall is behind the TV?
Also, I clicked the email support at the bottom of the indiegogo page that is labeled: [email protected] but it redirects me to this address instead: [email protected] <--which is for some group that made a tracking device: TrackR bravo.
How do I make sure that when I order the device, I get a long enough LED strip for my TV? It states that it can cover a 42" but I need it to cover 60".
lab-team made this device: Ambibox.
This is there previous indiegogo attempt at a similar device: LUMINO
I think I'll hold off until the first backers receive their Ambivisions, set them up and see what they have to say. Hopefully someone will post a Youtube review or something.
(2015-02-05, 17:47)jrd3d Wrote: lab-team made this device: Ambibox.

This is swindlers(scammers).
Official Ambibox here http://www.ambibox.ru
(2015-02-07, 08:20)demmax2004 Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 17:47)jrd3d Wrote: lab-team made this device: Ambibox.

This is swindlers(scammers).
Official Ambibox here http://www.ambibox.ru

See that's what got me skeptical. "lab-team" are the people behind "ambivision".

This is Lightpack

lab-team stole scheme, programs.
cool!!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video of my ambient lighting setup0